User Avatar Image

I think it's time.

posted by MussKatt on - last edited - Viewed by 135 users

Yes, my brothers, i think it's time for some Season 3 goodies. Us Sam and Max fans have waited more than any season based fans for the return of our favorite crime fighters. The Wii release as come and gone, and now, i think it's time for some Sam and Max season 3 updates. I don't like the idea that our season is not on a precise yearly basis, and it costs me a lot of pills and professional therapy to be able to cope with the emotional distress that this situation as caused for me.

So please, make me and all the Sam and Max fans worldwide happy. And please, please... details?

Please?

An old fan.

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @tabacco said: No details yet, sorry.

DREAM CRUSH!

Just wait 'till there done making SBCG4AP and Wallace and Gromit, I bet we'll get updates.

• @Strong Bad Fan said:
    Just wait 'till there done making SBCG4AP and Wallace and Gromit, I bet we'll get updates.

SBCG4AP and Wallace and Gromit??? I think they will update it just after SPCG4AP, in the Q1 of 2009, not after W&G.

wont they??:confused::(

• @Milkman08 said: I think they will update it just after SPCG4AP, in the Q1 of 2009, not after W&G.

wont they??:confused::(

I'm pretty sure that's right. I remember reading sometime ago that the team working on W&G shares very little crossover with the folks who normally work on Sam & Max. Conversely, there's tons of crossover between the SBCG4AP and S+M teams. So I wouldn't be surprised if around Episode 5 of Strong Bad, we'll start hearing whispers of what Telltale has in mind for Season 3. I don't think there's a need to worry yet. :)

(And hey ... if this is true, wouldn't that leave Telltale working on two series—simultaneously—in '09? Sounds like a pretty exciting prospect if that's the case!)

• [quote=light_rises;95089]
    (And hey ... if this is true, wouldn't that leave Telltale working on two series—simultaneously—in '09? Sounds like a pretty exciting prospect if that's the case!)[/quote]

yeah, that would be really exciting.
    2 adve. games at the same time...this is gonna be the best year in adve. games ever!!!

• I'm pretty sure they won't be released simultaneously, no real reason to. If all three series are released linearly with no two going on at the same time I believe you would get higher sales and more buzz revolving about the games.

• Well honestly i have little interest in Strong bad, i tried the demo's and i can't get into it. So for me this is kind of a bother to see Sam and Max delayed for this particular product :( But still, Wallace and Gromit i am curious to see what it is all about. I welcome anything new at this point and will give a shot to anything TellTale comes up with :) Maybe i am overly anticipating Sam and Max but what can i say, it is incredibly well done and you guys are making me happy with what you are doing with the license. I'd like to have one more episode based product ( or more ) from you guys ( that interest me ) and then i think my adventure needs will be fulfilled. Until then, i'll keep annoying you in the forums :P

• @PatsDark said: Well honestly i have little interest in Strong bad, i tried the demo's and i can't get into it. So for me this is kind of a bother to see Sam and Max delayed for this particular product :( But still, Wallace and Gromit i am curious to see what it is all about. I welcome anything new at this point and will give a shot to anything TellTale comes up with :) Maybe i am overly anticipating Sam and Max but what can i say, it is incredibly well done and you guys are making me happy with what you are doing with the license. I'd like to have one more episode based product ( or more ) from you guys ( that interest me ) and then i think my adventure needs will be fulfilled. Until then, i'll keep annoying you in the forums :P

You hurt SBCG4APs feelings.

• @PatsDark said: Well honestly i have little interest in Strong bad, i tried the demo's and i can't get into it. So for me this is kind of a bother to see Sam and Max delayed for this particular product :( But still, Wallace and Gromit i am curious to see what it is all about. I welcome anything new at this point and will give a shot to anything TellTale comes up with :) Maybe i am overly anticipating Sam and Max but what can i say, it is incredibly well done and you guys are making me happy with what you are doing with the license. I'd like to have one more episode based product ( or more ) from you guys ( that interest me ) and then i think my adventure needs will be fulfilled. Until then, i'll keep annoying you in the forums :P

SBCG4AP is first & foremost a game for pre-existing fans of the series that will confuse & bore newcomers & serves as extended-length episodes for old fans that include the uber-goodie of setting (house & land) exploration, whereas Sam & Max doesn't have that problem & newcomers can jump right in & check out the old classic stuff afterwards. I've been a Homestar fan since 2002/3, but when it comes to games, Sam & Max is much more fun.

• I've heard "Early 2009" for Season 3, so I'm expecting to at least hear something by February/March, and maybe have the season started. But of course, that's all just conjecture.

Add Comment