User Avatar Image

Fallout 3!

posted by Arrkhal on - last edited - Viewed by 161 users

Preordered mine. Anyone else get duped into buying the Survival Edition? What a gyp! I'm feeling pretty ripped off right now. This PIP-boy is a piece of junk. It turns itself off at the slightest provocation, like when tilted, or when closing the thing, then needs to be shaken before it turns back on. Totally not worth an extra $50. I think the reason this release was USA only is because Americans will buy anything.

At least it can be worn, though. But it pinches like crazy when put on, and there's no telling whether closing the latch will make it spontaneously turn off.

pipboy.jpg

I wouldn't have paid more than $20 extra, if I'd been able to see one of these up close and personal before buying it.

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • *snicker*

Well, we just got the special edition, and the Lunchbox is great for all my lunching needs. And a vault-tec Bobblehead.

• the most extra i have paid for a special edition was £10 for the new aitd which came with a dvd, soundtrack, figure, and artbook. how is the game anyway

• @Arrkhal said: I think the reason this release was USA only is because Americans will buy anything.

that's totally not true...i want one as well. what does it do, besides being an oversizes wristwatch?
    btw, what special edition did the firearm come with?;)

• An editor on Kotaku did an article on his Pipboy watch, and didn't report any issues. Maybe yours is just faulty? I'd check up on getting a replacement if I were you.

• [quote]that's totally not true...i want one as well. what does it do, besides being an oversizes wristwatch?
    btw, what special edition did the firearm come with?[/quote]

Mainly, it's a normal clock. It tells time, and that's it. Doesn't even have an alarm function.

The gun came with the special edition of Arrkhal Buys a Gun! Bonus points if you can spot the second gun in the photo.

[quote]An editor on Kotaku did an article on his Pipboy watch, and didn't report any issues. Maybe yours is just faulty? I'd check up on getting a replacement if I were you.[/quote]

Considering it, but with postage prices these days, it probably won't be worth it unless they send a shipping label. It works as a clock, as long as it's not disturbed.

• Hmm, my dad seems to be playing it right now...Stranger enough, it was my mom who wanted to see it....fishy....

• Never a big fan of Fallout, I never really understood the interface.

• Interface for 3 is totally different. Completely different development team, etc. Really, it plays more like a Fallout-based, fan-made Oblivion TC, with high production values. Which is essentially what it is.

• It's funny to me that people still say that it's like an Oblivion mod, or "It's just like Oblivion." I bought Fallout 1 and 2 when they originally were released and, to me, Fallout 3 fits right in. There's an initial thought when playing that it's obviously designed by the people would made Oblivion, but that passes very quickly. When I play Fallout 3, it feels like a Fallout game. It fits perfectly in that universe, and even adds a whole new layer of immersion. The graphics and dialogue system may be similar, but Fallout 3 feels nothing like Oblivion to me.

I very much recommend the game. I've been obsessing over it for days now, and I'm still having far too much fun.

Add Comment