User Avatar Image

Can everybody stop complaining about "Hit the Road"?

posted by natlinxz on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Come on people, every other thread is something like "Doesn't telltale own the rights to hit the road", or "Can lucasarts work with telltale"?

Lets face it people, once computers were able to run action games, starwars was lucasarts number-one priority, and still is to this day.

So stop filling up the forums, just play the game and enjoy it.

79 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Why do people want a rerelease of htr anyway? Scumvm gets it running on most pcs and it's not like it's hard to find on Ebay.

• Well I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting LEC to re-release Hit the Road or any of their older games. Yes, Hit the Road is findable enough for those actively looking for it, but it would be nice to see the game on an American store shelf or even from LEC's website again someday.

• I think everyone would love an official re-release of Hit the Road, there's nothing wrong with that.

I mean, Hit the Road with updated graphics might conceivably be a cool project even, in a purely hypothetical sense (done by someone else).

It starts getting silly though when people ask for a new game that is "just like hit the road but just different enough." I mean, on one hand, that means that for some people Telltale's games don't hit every single note for them that Hit the Road did, but on the other hand, 1) that's not surprising given that the Telltale Sam & Max games are structurally different and are made by different people and have a deliberately slightly different tone than Hit the Road, and 2) Hit the Road already exists and is still great fun, so why would we go out of their way spending months or years remaking it?

• @Jake said: I think everyone would love an official re-release of Hit the Road, there's nothing wrong with that.

I mean, Hit the Road with updated graphics might conceivably be a cool project even, in a purely hypothetical sense (done by someone else).

It starts getting silly though when people ask for a new game that is "just like hit the road but just different enough." I mean, on one hand, that means that for some people Telltale's games don't hit every single note for them that Hit the Road did, but on the other hand, 1) that's not surprising given that the Telltale Sam & Max games are structurally different and are made by different people and have a deliberately slightly different tone than Hit the Road, and 2) Hit the Road already exists and is still great fun, so why would we go out of their way spending months or years remaking it?

I understand. It's just that I get so annoyed when I see at least 2 threads per-page about TTG rereleasing Hit the Road, I mean, we can't keep re-releasing games all the time, We found that out after the PlayStation version of Pong.

Although, I wouldn't mind it being an Easter egg. (ie. Maniac mansion accessible within DOTT)

• @natlinxz said: I understand. It's just that I get so annoyed when I see at least 2 threads per-page about TTG rereleasing Hit the Road, I mean, we can't keep re-releasing games all the time, We found that out after the PlayStation version of Pong.

Although, I wouldn't mind it being an Easter egg. (ie. Maniac mansion accessible within DOTT)

2 per page, we hardly had any till recently, most of the topics regarding to htr are about the game and ways to run it i.e. on wii via scummvm, now making monkey island 5 on the other hand :D:D:D

• Well excuuuuuse me for not knowing about SCUMMVM when I made that thread.....assuming this was made after seeing my thread about HTR...

• @Jake said: I mean, Hit the Road with updated graphics might conceivably be a cool project even, in a purely hypothetical sense (done by someone else).

actually, ScummVM does quite a good job of "updating" the graphics, even ;)

• @Pantagruel's Friend said: actually, ScummVM does quite a good job of "updating" the graphics, even ;)

Ugh. I hate that smoothing feature, so unnatural. Give me pixels any day.

• As cool as an "updated" HtR would be, the blocky pixels in the original are part of what invokes the nostalgia of playing classic games.

I miss mah big blocks of solid color! :p

• Ya know, if people really want something Hittheroaderesque, maybe Telltale should think about next time texturing the characters with just fifteen colors. And turn down all shadow filters and such. And downsize the resolution to 320x240. And maybe afterwards upscale it, so we still have these blocky things.

Now that would bring back some nostalgia, doesn't it?

By the way, I've did several attempts at picking up HTR, but everytime I started with the game I ended up never playing it again, because of the fact that the pacing is a bit slower, perhaps even too slow. The Telltale Sam & Max games have the advantage that it's made for a broader audience, since the pacing now is quicker.

I'm sure as hell going to get the Sam & Max season one for the Wii once it gets released here in Europe, since I know I will at least get the satisfaction of at least finishing one chapter. And to be honest, like in Fallout, I don't get why people are really all that lyrical about the original and not about the newer version. The newer version might be quite different than the original, but at least it's made with the intention of keeping things interesting.

And as much as I love nostalgia (I even bought the whole Id pack from Id Entertainment on Steam, which included Commander Keen, HELL YEAH!) I'd rather have the newer versions.

Add Comment