User Avatar Image

Zelda Timeline

posted by natlinxz on - last edited - Viewed by 101 users

Ohhhhhh man, this one is a toughie.
Has anyone ever thought about this for a while?

In my opinion, the games start at LTTP, and end with Twilight princess.

What do you think?:confused:

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I have thought about this a lot. I haven't come up with many conclusions.

• I'm pretty sure I remember reading that Ocarina of Time is officially a prequel to the other games. And that Link to the Past was officially a prequel to the first two games.

My thoughts on this are a little outdated because I'm not that familiar with a lot of the newer games, but I think Ocarina of Time is the first game chronologically. Ganon has the Triforce of Power in all the games he's in, I think, and Ocarina of Time describes how he obtained it.

I remember seeing a few theories that the timeline split after the events of Ocarina of the Time. The world in Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass happen in the timeline when the Hero of Time was sealed for seven years while Ganondorf ruled Hyrule, and the world with all the other games is the one where Ganondorf was sealed when the Hero of Time was still a child. That might have been officially confirmed, I don't remember.

• It's amazing how the creaters of The Legend of Zelda manage too interconnect the themes and characters in each of the games while making some dynamic changes at the same time.

• i always considered they were all individual, i.e. taking part in parallel unverses at exactly the same time.

also what is everyones name for link, i have been flame for ages

• @patters said: i always considered they were all individual, i.e. taking part in parallel unverses at exactly the same time.

also what is everyones name for link, i have been flame for ages

That one always seemed to make the most sense for me as a kid, and still does now!

• I believe the AVGN made a video about this and because i haven't played all of them i can't say i know.

• AVGN did a good video, but he didn't have his own explanation. He just sort of complained!

• Think currently Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask is the first one/prequel and Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass is the chronologically the last (so far). Beyond that there probably isn't really any set order. Beyond any hints within anyway.

• From what I gather on the net and from creator interviewz, the first game is the minish cap. This is the 1st since Gannon isnt the final boss and this game starts with link hatless; the origin of the hat is in this game

Also, the hero mentioned in the legend is not the hero of time but the hero of men.

Ocrana is the 2nd in the chronology. As for the third game, this is where the story gets interestin...

Orcana of Time is the game that divides the timeline in half. When you beat Ganon, Link is sent back several years as a child because the princess wants him to relieve the childhood he have lost. This cause a Hyrule where Link disappeared and another were he prevents Ganon from takin over Hyrule by snitchin on what he is goin to do

There is proof that this is what happened because the co creator of Zelda says so in several of his interviews

In the Hyrule where Link is a kid, he then goes to the next n64 title while the universe where he went missin, the kingdom becomes flooded; this is the universe that wind waker and ph is located in.

This game was also mentioned by the co maker of zelda that wind waker is a parallel universe from the wii zelda game. This idea is futher held in which Ganon is in prision (and never taken over hyrule) prior to the Wii game because of Link's snitching.

• @doom saber said: From what I gather on the net and from creator interviewz, the first game is the minish cap. This is the 1st since Gannon is the final boss and this game starts with link hatless; the origin of the hat is in this game

Also, the hero mentioned in the legend is not the hero of time but the hero of men.

Everyone keeps saying that!!! WHY? The hat is just part of the regular kokiri dress code, they ALL have that hat!

Add Comment