User Avatar Image

Bad Brain asking for help

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

I just got an email from theinventory.org asking fans of Sam and Max to help Bad Brain aquire the rights of the duo. It all seems pretty pathetic.

45 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]It all seems pretty pathetic.[/quote]

Try unprofessional. "We tried our hardest, it was all their fault, now please please go beg Steve Purcell to help us pleeeeeeease!" Yeah, way to go guys.

I'm not impressed. I figured this would happen.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I'm not going to say "told you so" or anything but, the chances of lucas arts handing it over a unfinnished game was always pretty low.

• [quote]I'm not going to say "told you so" or anything but, the chances of lucas arts handing it over a unfinnished game was always pretty low.[/quote]

Probably, but I'm sure talking about while supposedly having signed an NDA slightly hurt the chances.

And if fans are going to persuade Purcell to give the license to any company, you'd think it'd be Telltale...

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Hahahaha. "GIVE" like thats going to happen, something like that only goes to either the highest bidder and/or most trustworthy developer. Purcell would probably be fed up with Sam and Max games by now. He has to be very carefull who he trusts.

EDIT: Can someone put up what the email says
    EDIT: or is it just what tyraarane quoted

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]
    EDIT: Can someone put up what the email says
    EDIT: or is it just what tyraarane quoted[/quote]

No, that wasn't what I just quoted...I was paraphrasing what Bad-Brain said in the Inventory thread and at their website, or rather, what they came across as. The e-mail is as follows:

The following is an email sent to you by an administrator of "The
    Inventory". If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you
    find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the
    following address:

d.manos@theinventory.org

Include this full email (particularly the headers).

Message sent to you follows:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today Wolfgang Kierdorf, CEO of Bad Brain Entertainment, announced at
    BBE's website (www.bad-brain.com) that the negotiations with Lucasarts
    hit rock bottom. HOWEVER, there is still hope to get the rights for Sam
    and Max 2 as the rights return to Steve Purcell on May. So it is then
    up to Steve Purcell whether to give the rights to BBE or not.

Wolfgang started a thread at the Bad Brain Entertainment forum in which
    he asks you to send a message to Steve Purcell, showing how much you
    would like him to give the rights to BBE, so that we can finally see a
    sequel to this classic adventure. The thread is:

http://www.theinventory.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=647&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

So give a helping hand to the great effort of BBE by sending your
    message to Steve Purcell. And ask your friends to do it too!

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Thanks
    EDIT: Okay I read the thread on Bad brains forums. It was pretty good for a laugh. They treat seem to think that Steve Purcell doesn't have a clue about the gaming industry.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

bad brain is a disgrace..if steve purcell gives the rights to sam and max to anyone it should be to telltale games and telltale games only...

i suspected this bad brain stuff all along but it still makes me extremely pissed [>:)]

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

What if Telltale doesn't want it. It would be deja vu considering that they spent so much time on the original LucasArts version of the sequal. I don't know, maybe the game should be laid to rest for a while so that every one can stop being morons.

• Agree wholeheartedly on Telltale getting the license, not the BBE circus. And I've said as much in the thread by Wolfgang Kierdorf on their forum.

• [quote]What if Telltale doesn't want it. [/quote]

They've already said they do want it, and will probably try to aquire the rights as their 2nd licensed franchise. You have to assume the current "Coming Soon" announcement will be the 1st license deal.

Add Comment