User Avatar Image

D3 Costume Item (Wii Exclusive?)

posted by ReverendTed on - last edited - Viewed by 144 users

I've heard tales of "big hair" - blonde rocker hair with an included headband - in the Snap Shak in Dangeresque 3, but I've got nothing like that on mine.
(I'm on the PC.)
Can anyone else confirm the presence or absence of this costume item and whether they're on PC or Wii?

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Ya, i haven't got it although i do have a Gladiator Helmet.

  • @StinkomanFan said: Ya, i haven't got it although i do have a Gladiator Helmet.



    i have the wii and its got it

  • Lets see, how to do this and give an example without breaking any rules...

    lets just say, there is a lot behind the scenes in these games... Things you don't see, But if you know how to look for them (yes, by digging in the files) you can find some really nifty things. (this is how I achieve my "did you try?" list greatness... speaking of which, expect my E4 list tomorrow, after the awesomeness guide goes up.)

    Anyways, they seem to have a knack for shipping things in the files that are not used in the game itself (but are used in later episodes). Dead space, and they should really be careful with what they ship.

    For example... in episode 4, you could not click the light switch in the computer room, BUT, a line was recorded for it... unused, and taking up space.

    I will not make an exact quote, but the line was of strong bad saying that the switch will cause a global nuclear meltdown if he touches it...

    Things like that, and I hope they use some of the stuff... but I doubt they will use all of it. As for the rest of it... I will see what remains not used after E5 comes out.. I may make a list of all the unused content and submit it to Telltale to see if I can post any of it on the forum. But I am not holding my breath, and I have other legitimate things to work on.

  • The Wiki has just detected that the hair is for the Wii only, which sucks cause the Wii version sucks.

    @Dangerzone said: Lets see, how to do this and give an example without breaking any rules...

    lets just say, there is a lot behind the scenes in these games... Things you don't see, But if you know how to look for them (yes, by digging in the files) you can find some really nifty things. (this is how I achieve my "did you try?" list greatness... speaking of which, expect my E4 list tomorrow, after the awesomeness guide goes up.)

    Anyways, they seem to have a knack for shipping things in the files that are not used in the game itself (but are used in later episodes). Dead space, and they should really be careful with what they ship.

    For example... in episode 4, you could not click the light switch in the computer room, BUT, a line was recorded for it... unused, and taking up space.

    I will not make an exact quote, but the line was of strong bad saying that the switch will cause a global nuclear meltdown if he touches it...

    Things like that, and I hope they use some of the stuff... but I doubt they will use all of it. As for the rest of it... I will see what remains not used after E5 comes out.. I may make a list of all the unused content and submit it to Telltale to see if I can post any of it on the forum. But I am not holding my breath, and I have other legitimate things to work on.

    Heck can you teach me how to do that?!

  • It's simple. Just stick nine different pieces of gum on your face, hop on one leg, and sing the "I'm Just Me" song.

    Wait, I think I got confused there...

  • Whoops! That's totally a mistake (probably my fault). We made those costume items for 103 but ended up never using them. When 104 came around, we had to decide whether to add two more costumes (on top of the already long list) or just turn them on by default. We chose the latter. Since costumes on the Wii and PC are handled differently, we set it up for the Wii and then when it came time to put together the pc release several weeks later, it just slipped our collective minds.

    Anyway, long story short, I'm having them auto turned on in the 105 pc build. Sorry!

  • @Will said: Anyway, long story short, I'm having them auto turned on in the 105 pc build. Sorry!

    Soon. Soon, the hair will be mine! (Bwa ha ha ha etc)

    @Will said: Heck can you teach me how to do that?!There's a tool that does it. It doesn't do it well, but it does it well enough. I'm with DZ here, in that I'm actually not sure how much I can say about it.

  • @Dangerzone said: Dead space, and they should really be careful with what they ship.



    You really need to be less judgmental about TTG on this forum, at least in this regard. You sometimes sound like our lame chiding, disapproving aunt.

    If we really cared that a few extra unused assets slipped out with our games, we would make more of an effort to clean that stuff up. Especially on the PC versions, it's not a very high priority for us -- the total unused data is fairly small. I mean, really, conversely would you prefer it if we were so clean with that stuff that there was nothing for you to find?

    Also, in terms of costume items, I believe they shipped out in earlier episodes because there was originally planned cross-episode compatibility, including backwards compatibility. I don't think that happened, though. So, it wasn't originally totally random.

Add Comment