50 Comments
  • They changed the plot during that episode 2 gap, but didn't change the slides/episde tittles/achievments.

I'd wouldn't put too much faith on these things anymore..

• I think it's about Crooked and his gang. They were working undercover, so officials didn't notice how powerful they are. Fables, like Tiny Tim, believe the organisation is helping them, while Fabletown is doing nothing.

• I don't remember her name, but the chick in the maroon skirt jumped out at me as soon as I entered the room. None of Georgie's other "employees" were there except her.

She could be the killer, or at least reporting on the other girls movements/activities. Seems like they would trust her over Georgie, given how she was also at Lily's funeral.

• It probably refers to Tim. He's the sheepiest person there, and he's wearing jeans the same colour as the fragment we found with Faith's head.

• That would explain why he has crutches,he wounded his leg by jumping the fence, maybe he didn't kill the girls but was sent by someone to place the bodies.

• Good point! Thanks for sharing it. :)

Although, I find it hard to see Tim ever turning out to be very relevant to the story, your theory makes perfect sense. Let's not forget that he made an appearance in the first episode, and sometimes the writers feel like that's enough of a cameo to show us that the killer or somebody heavily involved was around from the beginning. Plus, the pants was certainly an indication against him that's been there from the first moment we see him. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but he being Crooky's driver (can briefly be seen when Mary gets into the car) with that leg may be an indication that maybe he's faking it and may turn out to be a big player, not just a pawn.

I'm still not ruling Butchy out but when I replay ep.4 I will have my eyes on Tim.

• Tim also seemed very insistent that he's harmless. He could act like he dislikes being considered innocent and not so strong Tiny Tim when he's actually playing Bigby for sympathy and to make himself seem like he couldn't possibly be a suspect. He's arguably the most kind or innocent character besides Toad Junior and Buffkin so far, and Crooked Man seems to not care about his mistakes and is good to him

• I think "in sheep's clothing" refers to something Nerissa was saying about friends... The bad guys, who we've met are involved with the Crookie, that's why she said something like "look after your friends.." Because they might not be your friends at all? As we see at the end of this episode, most of them are at his house, or whatever that was, even Vivian. I kinda thought she wouldn't be very evil, haha. Or it might be just saying, that all of the Fabletown has secrets and is working for the Crooked man, so we don't know who's who anymore.

• That part about fables working for Crooked makes sense. Now about Nerrisa's comment, after her reaction when she heard Beauty and Beast called, I thought it was simply because she knew they were involved and would point him in the right direction. And it did, and they fill that role as friends who aren't as innocent as initially seemed, but they are still sheep in the story, that's why I rule them out regarding the episode's title.

• No, I meant before that, Nerissa says "look around you". I thought she meant not to trust his friends by that. But it might be understood in different ways, so it's hard to tell. I've learnt so far that the answer is always the simplest one, that's why I'd stick to Crooked's crew being in sheep's clothing.;D

• Considering all that I'm seeing from the conversation the prime suspect is Vivian.

• The episode titles isn't suppose to be taken literally.

• I would like to point another suspect for the sheep's cloth: Nerissa. She most definitely is playing sheep, what we don't know yet is if she will turn out to be working for the bad guys. From the time Bigby meets her many of us thought that she was gonna be the next victim, many even predicted that it would happen in this episode, and who knows... maybe it will happen in the next and final episode, but I'm almost dismissing that possibility. For me feels more and more likely that she will either...

1- help us significantly (as she did in the 2nd espisode, getting us to the Open Arms, and as we expected her to help in the 4th after 3 ended with her watching in shock the Mary take off with Bigby completely wasted on the street, and in the end she pratically couldn't help) or...

2 - she will betray Bigby, turning out to be working for the villains from the beginning. To start, having had him go to the motel for us to find the staged crime scene to incriminate Crane. Then, trying to gain his thrust, to spy and or mislead him, etc..

I think that is another possibility. I don't feel that it's the case, but I rather share it so maybe someone may dig up something. She definitely is a major character and I think we all expect something to happen to her in the season's conclusion. As always, thoughts are welcome.

• You're all overcomplicating a very straightforward title. The full version of the phrase is "a wolf in sheep's clothing". Bigby being "in sheep's clothing" is probably the central theme of the entire series, but it's particularly obvious in this episode.

1. Snow's speech at the start of the episode serves as yet another metaphorical neutering of Bigby. Like many fictional maverick cops before him - Sam Vimes, Dirty Harry, John McClane - he's repeatedly being told to play things by the book and keep his animal impulses under control.

2. The ending of this episode reveals that The Crooked Man has been expecting Bigby's arrival the entire time. He's been manipulating this whole thing. In other words, Bigby has been shepherded by the man with the crook.

3. "Sheriff Wolf" is in itself a contradiction. A wolf is a predator and a killer. A sheriff is a protector and a law enforcer. This is really the central conflict of TWAU. It's not Bigby v Crooky. it's Bigby v Himself. And it's not as simplistic as stopping himself from hulking out or losing his cool. It's a more fundamental question, namely: can a bad man ever be good, if everyone believes he's still bad? Bigby's solution thus far has been to tone himself down. He intentionally hides his true self "in sheep's clothing".

• You may be right but it's a central theme, nothing specific to this episode. It would make sense to me if it was the title for the first episode as it's when the theme was introduced. So, I'm still expecting for someone else to be playing sheep, waiting for the moment to bite us.

• CM isn't stupid. He knew Bigby wouldn't drop it, would hunt him down. There are too many fables who could have told Bigby about the pawn shop and the butchery. After the run-in with Jersey, it would have been easy to make sure Mary was there at Johann's to finish Bigby off. But no. Instead, there, of all places, is the shard of the Magic Mirror, deliberately planted so Bigby could find CM's hideout.

Yes, I suspect Vivian, too. She was the one I least expected to be there. I thought she were a little on the cocky side in previous encounters. Now I know she's in the inner circle, it all comes together. If she were really a friend of the working girls, she would have been very distracted and sad when we first met her. Not so.

As for Tiny Tim, unless he uses a glamour to rid himself of the bad leg, I doubt he's involved much. He's like that due to his folklore, something that probably can't be magically cured permanently.

Add Comment