User Avatar Image

Jurgen on Twilight - What are his thoughts?

posted by Zeek on - last edited - Viewed by 675 users

Okay, TTG Staff. Get your writing team over here now before we start hypothetically putting words into Jurgen's maw.[/emptythreat]

Ever since the damn move came out, I have had the unfortunate pleasure of being a witness of sorts to many Twilight debates about vampire lore. Things like how you can't reinvent vampires or change things and other things. My personal opinion on the matter has shifted over the time, and now I currently don't care. It's a creative property, and if people are willing to buy into it (which some are), then more power to you.

But I can't help but wonder what Sam & Max's own vampire would think about it. How do you think he would react to the whole franchise?

44 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I read a lot of Twilight snark at around the time I played Night of the Raving Dead. As a result, when someone says Edward, I often see Jurgen. Which is hilarious.

I don't know what Jurgen would think about it, though. Probably that they make a mockery of the darkness and despair of a vampire's life with their romance and their sparkles.

• @Shwoo said: they make a mockery of the darkness and despair of a vampire's life with their romance and their sparkles.

Someone get William to record this line in character. I bet I'd get a really big laugh from hearing Jurgen say "sparkles." :D

• Jurgen would probably hate it, but I truly don't mind. I'm currently racing through Eclipse, and I think the series is genius. Everyone seems to think that vampires are copyrighted, and, like songs, can't just be stolen and used as people please. But, since they are part of ancient superstitions, they are nowhere near being copyrighted. I personally think that creatures like vampires and werewolves can be changed to fit with an author's story. My personal favorite vampire interpretation is Stephen King's, introduced in 'Salem's Lot and completed in The Dark Tower.

I'd also like to point out that vampires aren't all romance and sparkles in this series. They're now much tougher to kill (being ripped to shreds and burned, as opposed to a simple stake through the heart), and all of them, even Edward, have a pretty gruesome past. There's quite a bit more blood-sucking in this series than people give it credit for.

And that's all I have to say on that.

• ಠ_ಠ

I greatly disliked everything about it...

• This comic pretty much sums up my opinion of the series: http://nonadventures.com/2008/11/08/lady-and-the-vamp/

That said, I can't wait to see how they handle the 4th film, if they ever make it, and what age rating it gets.

• @Shwoo said: "They make a mockery of the life of the vampire with their 'romance' and their 'sparkles'," would probably work better for Jurgen's speech patterns, now that I'm trying to imitate them.

And now I'm imagining the Monster being really into the books and Jurgen being irritated and sulky about it. It's pretty funny.

The only thing that would make that scene better is if the Monster had an animation loop where he pulls a new book out of his head to read. :D

I like what Moonlight said about how the steaking a vampire's heart only paralyzed them and didn't actually kill them. Of course, this is coming from the TV series that says contemporary vampires no longer sleep in coffins but in giant freezers AND have an endurance to sunlight before suffering from extreme dehydration...

• *sigh*

I have to wonder how many people who posted on this thread have read the books? It's pretty obvious that some of you have, but the majority of guys dislike the books without ever having read any of them. If you haven't read the books, don't be idiots and put them down just for fun.

• I'm female, and I'm not interested in the book nor the film. I won't put it down, but I will say that if there's a hugely popular piece of pop culture whose demographic consists largely of the under-17 crowd, I'll assume I'm not going to like it.

That being said, I'm sure that Jurgen would be a welcome and hilarious addition to any vampire-centric debate.

Add Comment