User Avatar Image

long shot, but... Models?

posted by Ashton on - last edited - Viewed by 315 users

I know this is a long shot but after many failed hours of attempting my own and more failed hours of searching the net, I was left with the only option to beg and plead and see if TT had it in their hearts to release the MBs for Sam and for Max for non-profit use (mainly learning animation) I dont even need riggings, I'll gladly do them myself!

Or, failing that, if someone on the forums could point me towards anyone with quality likenesses (does not have to be MB, OBJ, 3DS, etc are all fine, basically any of the common ones)

While the desoto would be nice too, I've found that for the most part any adequately wrecked police car will work *evil grin*

54 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • wow my question is such blasphemy it doesn't even get a "No!" I dont know whether to feel ashamed or proud... lol

  • @Ashton said: wow my question is such blasphemy it doesn't even get a "No!" I dont know whether to feel ashamed or proud... lol



    I disagree Johnny Fandango or whatever your name is, if he/she requests models or whatever we should at least provide an adequate answer, not to mention being polite, instead of calling it Blasphemy! jeez!

  • @Lachlan_is said: I disagree Johnny Fandango or whatever your name is, if he/she requests models or whatever we should at least provide an adequate answer, not to mention being polite, instead of calling it Blasphemy! jeez!



    The person who posted the second post IS the person who posted the first post!

  • I don't think anyone was intentionally ignoring you :(

    Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to be able to give up the Maya models. There's definitely a limit to the sorts of game assets we can give away, I'm afraid.

    Sorry man :(

  • @Strong Max said: The person who posted the second post IS the person who posted the first post!



    Duh, multiple personalities!

  • @tabacco said: There's definitely a limit to the sorts of game assets we can give away, I'm afraid.



    [irony]you can't be serious. we bought the games and now you won't give us the models, so we can make our own and don't have to buy yours anymore? [/irony]

    no, seriously, telltale usually is really generous when it comes to providing hi-res artwork of their games. like, when someone wants to make his own wallpaper or alternate dvd cover.
    giving away models would be something like asking coca-cola to put the coke-recipe on the net.

    of course it would be awesome to have some sam&max or maybe strongbad models to make your own cartoons, but i understand that this is impossible.

    furthermore, if you want to learn 3d stuff, it won't get you anywhere if you use completed models, especially complex ones like these. get some proper tutorials and then make your own models afterwards. when your good enough, send an application to telltale and maybe you'll get to work with some sam & max models afterall...;)

  • @Lachlan_is said: Duh, multiple personalities!



    ...just what are you smokin? you need to sell it instead, I'm sure you can get a LOT of $$$ for it!

    @Lachlan_is said: Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to be able to give up the Maya models. There's definitely a limit to the sorts of game assets we can give away, I'm afraid.

    As I said in my initial post, I knew it was a longshot and didnt expect it would happen, I was just hoping. I guess I can just some some other characters, I just wanted to sneak my favorite dog and rabbity-thing into some animations I'm working on. Thanks anyway though.

    @Lachlan_is said: [irony]you can't be serious. we bought the games and now you won't give us the models, so we can make our own and don't have to buy yours anymore? [/irony]

    no, seriously, telltale usually is really generous when it comes to providing hi-res artwork of their games. like, when someone wants to make his own wallpaper or alternate dvd cover.
    giving away models would be something like asking coca-cola to put the coke-recipe on the net.

    of course it would be awesome to have some sam&max or maybe strongbad models to make your own cartoons, but i understand that this is impossible.

    furthermore, if you want to learn 3d stuff, it won't get you anywhere if you use completed models, especially complex ones like these. get some proper tutorials and then make your own models afterwards. when your good enough, send an application to telltale and maybe you'll get to work with some sam & max models afterall...;)

    Dont make it sound like I'm not learning, I just have interest in putting together some complete animations, and right now my 3D artwork consists entirely of slightly-altered Polygons, When I get much past that it gets very ugly, and dont get me started on my failed attempts so far to learn the Fur plugin...

    Also, I only asked for Sam and for Max, not every model in the game. I wont lie, it would be awesome to be able to have the others available (even though the VA would ruin it since I have nobody that could even come close to any of them) But I knew that was impossible, and furthermore, this was just to sneak them in as a cameo in some shorts, not to make my own series, My mind isn't anywhere near as twisted as Mr Purcel or the TT team...

  • Ask and ye shall receive.

    max.jpg

    PM me an email address, and I'll send you the file, you can do blend shapes and rig him nice yes?

  • [quote=themagicalanimatron;106976]ask and ye shall receive.

    max.jpg

    pm me an email address, and i'll send you the file, you can do blend shapes and rig him nice yes?[/quote]

    spaaaaaamboooooot

  • How about these?

    smaxme2.jpg

    :P And no, they're not for share.

Add Comment