Menu
User Avatar Image

Questions about the Collector's DVD

posted by Rubik on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

I have a few questions about the SBCG4AP collector's DVD.

Question One: As someone who purchaced each SBCG4AP game on the Wii, I know there is no way to prove that I own all five games. Will the collector's DVD be available for purchace to those who have not bought the game on the computer?

Question Two: What can we expect to find on the Collector's DVD?

Question Three: If the Collector's DVD will be available for purchace, how much will it cost?

Question Four: Approximately what part of 2009 will the collector's DVD be released in?

84 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Weeblerjake said: Third! Well, don't you worry, Telltale, my parents seem a little peeved with me getting an iPod Touch. So........ I got $300 bucks to spend.

Buy a flashcard, Get the Mother 3 Fan translation and play it on a GBA/DS through that.

DO IT

• I realise you are unable to provide this for those of us that bought the game via WiiWare, however would it be possible to do something a little different we could make use of?

I don't know if this has been suggested before but could you, for example release (for a nominal fee) a package that included something like:

- The DVD with commentary tracks etc, but minus the games themselves

- An SD card with enough capacity to store the entire series (perhaps with a nice SBCG4AP label)

- If you do something like the S&M Case File perhaps that could be included too.

This way we would get something that we pay for but not have to re-purchase all the games for the PC aswell.

Just a thought...

• [quote]- An SD card with enough capacity to store the entire series (perhaps with a nice SBCG4AP label)[quote]

That's an interesting idea!

• [quote]That's an interesting idea![/QUOTE]

Do you think it might be possible?

• No. WiiWare games are encrypted to the Wii they're bought on. You cannot transfer Virtual Console or WiiWare games from one Wii to another. A bit of research could have taught you that.

• @GaryCXJk said: No. WiiWare games are encrypted to the Wii they're bought on. You cannot transfer Virtual Console or WiiWare games from one Wii to another. A bit of research could have taught you that.

I think you may have misunderstood. This isn't to play the games on a different Wii. The idea is that you can have the series stored on an SD card so you don't have to re-download them each time you want to play them - this should be especially useful once Nintendo start allowing us to load games direct from SD.

• Or, you could just buy a 2 Gig SD card for just $5? Hell, the episodes might even fit on a 256 MB SD card, which are even cheaper.

• That's the point (although to be honest I live in Edinburgh, so nothing costs $5, which is a pity as I still have a few bucks from last time I was in the States :p). The idea is to create a small, and as you mentioned, cheap package for Wii owners so that we could also get the additional content as well.

You seem to have got quite hung up on the SD card - I just saw it as a pack-in, value-added content with the DVD that would be useful to Wii gamers and give us something extra to make up for the fact this couldn't be free to us.

• So you mean it would be just like the DVD except you have to supply the Episodes yourself? That actually seems like a really good idea, it solve almost all the wii users complaints, y'know?

• Precisely! :)

I figure that something like this could solve the issue.

Add Comment