User Avatar Image

Max...?

posted by Maxilyah on - last edited - Viewed by 397 users

Sorry, I just felt that something needed to be said about this. If there's another topic about this, I appoligize, and would you please direct me to it?
I've noticed that Max has appeared to become less and less important to the storyline and the puzzle-solving. In fact, he's the cause of a lot of their problems.
I know I've said this before, but I think there should be an episode where you can be Max, instead of Sam. Or at least so that you can switch characters. Max should be the hero one time, instead of Sam.
Even in the TV series, I can only think of one episode where Max solved the problem without the help of Sam, and the problem was his fault in the first place. (Yes, I am referring to A Glitch in Time)
Anyway, I just thought that needed to be said. Any thoughts and/or criticism on the subject?

44 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think that max starting the problems is part of his character!

• I kinda liked how in Hit the Road, Max had an icon in the inventory or you could just grab him, then use him like an item on things. I'm not entirely sure if this has been done in the Telltale games or not since I haven't played past Abe Lincoln must Die. But that would be a nice way of including him more in the solving of puzzles. Of course just plain using him would be neat too, you could pull out the Luger like Sam's Revolver... maybe you could even see where he pulls it out from!

• "use max on open 35th floor window"
    it would be funny to see what max says about that.:D

• Yeah Max has overall imo been left to much alone, he isnt even involved in any action / voilence, i sure hope in Season 3 we can use him for stuff like turning a cat inside out :) and stuff like that, just more than going around and saying wierd stuff, the whole concept of having 2 "people" is they should each have their usage.

• @Skippy the Demon said: Hahaha! I lol'd.

One of the TTG people (I think it was Scott or Tobacco) actually comment something to the tune of "...I cant believe you went to all that trouble (of lining it all up) just to see that..." lol!

but yes, I agree, we need more Max! I think there should even be a way to switch control and have max go into one room and Sam into another and use the pair to solve puzzles (TTG would do well in this respect to look at the old game "Secret of Evermore" where you had a boy and his dog and you could control whichever you wanted and use the pair together to solve puzzles)

Though from a programming standpoint, I understand this is a MASSIVE undertaking (basically doubles all the dialog unless you want character X to basically ignore Sam and only talk to max or vice-versa)

• @Maxilyah said: Sorry, I just felt that something needed to be said about this. If there's another topic about this, I appoligize, and would you please direct me to it?
    I've noticed that Max has appeared to become less and less important to the storyline and the puzzle-solving. In fact, he's the cause of a lot of their problems.
    I know I've said this before, but I think there should be an episode where you can be Max, instead of Sam. Or at least so that you can switch characters. Max should be the hero one time, instead of Sam.
    Even in the TV series, I can only think of one episode where Max solved the problem without the help of Sam, and the problem was his fault in the first place. (Yes, I am referring to A Glitch in Time)
    Anyway, I just thought that needed to be said. Any thoughts and/or criticism on the subject?

I agree, OH yes!! I agree!!! Playable Max!

• I think that little part in NOTRD was enough.
    Don't want to take away from Max's aura of mystique.

• while I don't think Max should be the main character in any episode (someone with his attention span is not a typical protagonist :D ), I did like the way Sam could use him in Hit the Road - not to mention the bucketload of funny one-liners it could induce!

Add Comment