User Avatar Image

DS

posted by HomsarGuy on - last edited - Viewed by 369 users

Wouldn't it be cool if there was SBCG4AP on the DS (or DSIWare...) because it is point and click and wouldn't that be perfect for the DS?

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure it would need to be completely rebuilt on DS, probably shorter and smaller play areas. But as I said, I'm no expert, so I'm open to correction.

• *shrugs* Ehh.

It sounds like an OK idea, but the game would have to be with lowered-down graphics, due to the DS' hardware limitations. And your hand would repeatedly get in the way.

• The stylus is a much more precise substitute for a mouse than a Wiimote though. :D The homebrew Lemmings game is awesome, it plays like a dream.

• User Avatar Image
    Shauntron Telltale Staff

@The Burninator said: I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure it would need to be completely rebuilt on DS, probably shorter and smaller play areas. But as I said, I'm no expert, so I'm open to correction.

SBCG4AP for DS is super appealing, but you're correct here. Even if we simplified meshes and textures, the back end of the Telltale Tool would be fairly demanding for DS hardware, and would most likely require a new DS friendly scripting environment to be developed. There are numerous small, vital selectable objects in the games as well, which may only occupy the space of less than a pixel on the DS's screen, so a redesign of the actual content would be necessary as well. Essentially, we can't do it right now, even though it would be awesome :)

• @Shauntron said: SBCG4AP for DS is super appealing, but you're correct here. Even if we simplified meshes and textures, the back end of the Telltale Tool would be fairly demanding for DS hardware, and would most likely require a new DS friendly scripting environment to be developed. There are numerous small, vital selectable objects in the games as well, which may only occupy the space of less than a pixel on the DS's screen, so a redesign of the actual content would be necessary as well. Essentially, we can't do it right now, even though it would be awesome :)

What about DSIWare?

• @Shauntron said: . There are numerous small, vital selectable objects in the games as well, which may only occupy the space of less than a pixel on the DS's screen, so a redesign of the actual content would be necessary as well.

Wow, you should work for Cyan! If you did, maybe they would have reconsidered making Myst for DS. SERIOUSLY, who was supposed to notice the button in the chamber? It is ONE PIXEL BIG!!!

• ONE PIXEL BIG!!!

Like this:[ATTACH]400[/ATTACH]

• User Avatar Image
    Shauntron Telltale Staff

@HomsarGuy said: What about DSIWare?

Nope, same deal.

• Dsi Ware would have even smaller limitations I assume.

• Yeah, while distributing wouldn't be a problem what with DSiware and all, but I just can't picture those graphicks on a DS screen. If anything, it would have to be completely reskinned.

Add Comment