User Avatar Image

America in celebration

posted by vyperspit on - last edited - Viewed by 361 users

I'm just thrilled that Barak Obama is going to be the new president tomorrow. His inauguration is a sign that the United States has come a long way in terms of civil rights. It's also Martain Luther King Day, and the people, black and white, are celebrating in Washington, D.C. For the next couple of days, I have changed my avatar and other details of my profile to celebrate this patriotic moment. See if you can find your own American themed avatar and show them here. See ya'll around.

Oh, and to the African American members of this website, Happy MLK Day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T0Ug0m_Hrc&feature=channel; I just felt like putting this on because its cute:).

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • This is a great piece of history in the making. As a Briton, I'm excited myself. I actually just bought two Obama books. :P Tomorrow is going to be amazing!

• I've been watching the inauguration preparation for the last couple of days. I'm seriously excited for tomorrow. Major history in the making here.

• To celebrate this moment, I'm going to see if there are any Barack Obama action figures online!
    EDIT: Apparently, there is at least one.

• What an incredible story he has! Born into a nation of poverty, his family moved to America where he started his life, and after two short terms in the Illinois Senate, he is able to become President of the United States while breaking records left and right for his costly campaign. It would gives hope to me, being born in the crap town of Ateleta Italy, in that I can aspire to become president as well, except that I am not a minority.

• I'd change my avatar, but I live in Canada, it would be awkward.

Anyway, we get to watch the inauguration in school tomorrow, yay!

• I'm excited too, but my friends aren't as much. My friend sent me a message on my Wii with a Mii of Obama and a message saying "hey look its barak obama bam bam die die die P.S he is gay : D" Yes, that's what he wrote in its entirety. He also says that Obama will most likely be assassinated. I don't really care what he does, I just really hope that he's going to be better than Bush.

• @Zootch said: What an incredible story he has! Born into a nation of poverty, his family moved to America where he started his life, and after two short terms in the Illinois Senate, he is able to become President of the United States while breaking records left and right for his costly campaign. It would gives hope to me, being born in the crap town of Ateleta Italy, in that I can aspire to become president as well, except that I am not a minority.

(emphasis mine)

Too true.

• [quote=Guy in a Box;111280]I'm excited too, but my friends aren't as much. My friend sent me a message on my Wii with a Mii of Obama and a message saying "hey look its barak obama bam bam die die die P.S he is gay : D" Yes, that's what he wrote in its entirety. He also says that Obama will most likely be assassinated. I don't really care what he does, I just really hope that he's going to be better than Bush.[/quote]
    I don't think it's possible not to be. Heck, I would be a better president than George Bush.

• Okay, you do have a point there.

• @Guy in a Box said: I'm excited too, but my friends aren't as much. My friend sent me a message on my Wii with a Mii of Obama and a message saying "hey look its barak obama bam bam die die die P.S he is gay : D" Yes, that's what he wrote in its entirety. He also says that Obama will most likely be assassinated. I don't really care what he does, I just really hope that he's going to be better than Bush.

As much as I respect your friends' rights of speech, I am disgusted by that peice of information. As a believer of black civil rights, I decided to make this thread to commemorate the greatest event in African-American history. Next time, be careful of what you type down, because I can't stand sick jokes like that!

Add Comment