User Avatar Image

Cartoons

posted by 16_BIT_MARIO1 on - last edited - Viewed by 338 users

The place to discuss any and all cartoons (that don't suck). My favorite would have to be Animaniacs, which I have made a group on. And Invader Zim was awesome, which was written by Mystery Science Theater's Frank Conniff (TV's Frank).

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Anyone love Johnny Bravo? My favorites from the 90s are the three Spielberg cartoons. My favorie is The Simpso-Rama.

• Ah, Johnny Bravo. "What's that? You'd like to donate your liver?"

• When I watch that cartoon it gives me mixed feelings. One side of me wants to laugh, the other one wants to punch that jerk. Looks like the girls have that under control, though. What is your new icon from?

• Animaniacs! I love that show as well as Freakaziod and Pinky and the Brain and Tiny Toons

• Long shot, but Avatar: The Last Airbender? XD
    That was probably my most favorite cartoon. Wrapped up nicely with the movie, too.
    I remember watching Loony Toons, Animaniacs, and Tiny Toons when I was younger. I also remember Baby Loony Toons and Johnny Bravo. I still watch Invader Zim sometimes. That show's so random.
    What about Family Guy? Does anyone else watch that? Granted, it's gotten pretty stupid lately, but I still watch it because it's hilarious.

• I watch Family Guy, but since it comes on pretty late, my only chances of watching it are on my cable's on demand service. I really hate it when they do incredibly bloody or gory stuff.

• [quote=ig0rpwnwEd;112010]When I watch that cartoon it gives me mixed feelings. One side of me wants to laugh, the other one wants to punch that jerk. Looks like the girls have that under control, though. What is your new icon from?[/quote]
    F@nboy$. More specifically, panel 4 from comic 235.

• Ah so many wonderous choices, are we only talkign about currently syndicated ones or oldies too?

I like most Anime (fyi: "Avitar: the last airbender" is anime (that was americanized and probably sloughtered) if you want to see awesoem anime look up sub'd versions (though the exception is Helsing, it kicks ass sub'd AND dub'd))

I can spend all day watching boomerand, classic Hannabarbara never goes out of style, nor most of the OLD stuff they show (didnt like how it started showing recent showed like Fantastic 4 and Justice League Unlimited)

I think Sam + Max is a given ;P but I'll ALWAYS stop on Scoobie Doo. I love Invader Zim, I have the whole series on DVD. Joney Bravo is fun, it reminds me of the classic Hannabarbara cartoons I grew up with. Animaniacs and gennerally any WB short series is good. Also love Earthworm Jim.

Few slightly more mature series I still find amusing are Project GeeKeR and Gargoyles (though I think the latter is BEGGING for an anime adaption wiht mroe mature themes, they really played down it's potential for interesting situations, though for what tehy were doing, it wasnt half bad.)

I miss the old "Sonic the Hedgehog" also. VERY corney and Cheesey, but fun (the old SatAM version, NOT the weekday version)

lots more I could name but I wont take up another page ;P

• Want to know what my favorite anime/manga is? Here's a very subtle clue:
    user15727pic13801232045tu9.png

• Err...Sesame Street? '^^

Seriously, I have no clue.

Add Comment