User Avatar Image

Name one game you played ( and liked ) that you are sure nobody knows.

posted by MussKatt on - last edited - Viewed by 433 users

Let's hear it! I am making this thread hopefully so we can learn about great games that went by un-noticed. Also it could give us something to look at while waiting for the next piece of info from TellTale's next project. Pick whatever system you want. Only request is, i'd like for it to be a unknown or little known game ( that's right kids, no GTA,RE,METROID,MARIO,ZELDA,FINAL FANTASY ETC ). A short description of it and links to it if possible so that we may learn about it and enrich our gaming knowledge. Also, if you name one game and later on think of another, feel free to share! Just remember, little known or games you think you are the only one to know.:)

Have fun!

My first game is : Ecstatica.

System : PC
Genre : Horror

This is one of my favorite games of all time. A great title that plays like the old resident evil and alone in the dark games. It was made by psycnosys and released in 1994. It featured elipsoid technology ( kinda bubbly graphics ) and very moody gameplay. What made this game special is that you could play this game like 10 times, and still see something new. Some scripted sequences happened rarely, and i remember there was some sort of werefolf like caracter... and he always came up with new ways to give you trouble, and he reapeared throughout the game many times. I provived a link to the begining of the game i found on youtube so you can see if it is for you. It's a game i treasure, and it's worth discovering especially if you are a fan of old adventure games.

Link to a youtube video : http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=-vXC4SSXOSM

89 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • There was this one lego computer game that you could download, and you went through a house collecting objects. I'm pretty sure it was point-and-click.

I really want to know what that game is called!

• beyond good and evil (no one played it/bought it) GC, PS2, XBOX and PC? action adventure

skies of arcadia DC/GC turn based rpg

1080 avalanche GC snowboarding

splinter cell double agent (original xbox only) stealth

dreamfall PC/Xbox adventure

all i can think of thus far

• Xatax
    side-scrolling space-fighter, done know what you'd need to run it, it was from the days of DOS before mouse-control was even possible!

even older!
    Bulldog
    Scrolling shooter using a joystick and what looked like flying carpets... Commodore 64!

• An old favorite of mine: MDK.

It's not all that obscure, but the number of people that go "Huh?" when I mention it is staggering. It was a PC and PS1 third person shooter from Shiny.

For a truly obscure one, I'll have to go with the Hugo Quadrilogy. Hugo's House of Horrors, Hugo 2: Whodunnit?, Hugo 3: Jungle of Doom, and Nightmare 3D. First three were adventure games (with text parser), and the third was a mediocre FPS with fantastic music. Great stuff.

• Haha, I went "Huh?" at MDK, but remember the Hugo games, probably some of the first I ever played on PC. -- But, I don't understand, why is there a balloon here if it's not meant to be used somehow?

• Disney's Magical Tetris Adventure!

No, really. It's an actual game. It was also my first one ever.

Here's the story: It's Tetris...with DISNEY CHARACTERS. I believe the story involved running for mayor and collecting (read: stealing) tokens from other characters who were just walking around in no actual specified path near their house. Oh yeah, the trash cans, the mailboxes, the phones, and the street lights all talked(?!). I really wish I was making this up.

• @patters said: beyond good and evil (no one played it/bought it) GC, PS2, XBOX and PC? action adventure

I think Beyond Good and Evil was pretty well known. I should reinstall it eventually...

• @Dr. Zoidberg said: I think Beyond Good and Evil was pretty well known. I should reinstall it eventually...

very few copies were sold

• @ShaggE said: For a truly obscure one, I'll have to go with the Hugo Quadrilogy. Hugo's House of Horrors, Hugo 2: Whodunnit?, Hugo 3: Jungle of Doom, and Nightmare 3D. First three were adventure games (with text parser), and the third was a mediocre FPS with fantastic music. Great stuff.

I remember those games. I have all of them in 1 collection for DOS.

Add Comment