User Avatar Image

The puzzel lvl of the new game

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

how hard are the puzzels going to be in the new game... like Sam and Max Hits the Road or like the Bone games???

I think the Bone games puzzels were way to easy..

i would like something like the old game...

50 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • [quote]how hard are the puzzels going to be in the new game... like Sam and Max Hits the Road or like the Bone games???

I think the Bone games puzzels were way to easy..

i would like something like the old game...[/quote]

The puzzles in Sam & Max are definitely targeted at "seasoned adventurers" more than the ones from the Bone games, but things aren't going to get so obtuse as to be completely ridiculous. No using a monkey to turn a spigot to shut off a waterfall.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]
    The puzzles in Sam & Max are definitely targeted at "seasoned adventurers" more than the ones from the Bone games, but things aren't going to get so obtuse as to be completely ridiculous. No using a monkey to turn a spigot to shut off a waterfall.[/quote]

What about using a banana on a metronome to hypnotise said monkey?
    Personally I get a real kick out of that sort of zany obtuse stuff, and I'm hoping that the puzzles in this game are going to require enough out if the box thinking that it's impossible to complete in a single sitting (without help of course).
    (finishing a game in a single sitting really makes me feel like I've wasted my time and effort)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]The puzzles in Sam & Max are definitely targeted at "seasoned adventurers" more than the ones from the Bone games, but things aren't going to get so obtuse as to be completely ridiculous. No using a monkey to turn a spigot to shut off a waterfall.[/quote]

Aren't obtuse puzzles with comedic effects part of the Sam & Max ethos?
    Part of their charm is how off the wall they are and the fact that they do things in a way noone in their right mind would attempt.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Ha, I just remembered the puzzle in Hit the Road where you swap the toupee with an eggplant. I don't know about you all, but if that's not "so obtuse as to be completely ridiculous" I don't know what is. Maybe swimming in a large fiberglass fish.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]
    What about using a banana on a metronome to hypnotise said monkey?
    [/quote]

that actually not such a bad idea for a puzzle...

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

If the solution to a lot of puzzles has something to do with Max and excessive violence, I'm happy.

• [quote]If the solution to a lot of puzzles has something to do with Max and excessive violence, I'm happy.[/quote]
    Hey, yeah, can you guys make a Sam & Max FPS while you're at it? :D

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

HUGE SPOILER WARNING FOR THIS THREAD PLEASE!!

• [quote]Aren't obtuse puzzles with comedic effects part of the Sam & Max ethos?
    Part of their charm is how off the wall they are and the fact that they do things in a way noone in their right mind would attempt.[/quote]

There's a big difference between pushing a bunch of cultists into a volcano with their own human sacrifice lashing pole and coming up with using a monkey to turn off a waterfall. More of the former, less of the latter.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

By carefully analysing the Desoto in the trailer, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a driving level in the game. That car's wheels move with the steering wheel and the car obeys; it bumps and grinds and sways according to its velocity - that's a helluva lot of work to put into a trailer and not use in the game.

Add Comment