User Avatar Image

How about telltale games in the handheld space?

posted by bosbeetle on - last edited - Viewed by 401 users

Hello everybody,

I, as a fan of the work that telltale has done, am wondering how nice it would be to play sam & max or wallace and grommit on a hand held console.

Now people are going to say, that will never be happening because hand held consoles dont have the oomph.

Now enters the special part of this thread. Recently Ive become interested in the Pandora, a handheld console with a lot of oomph. This console has a 3d GSX 3d graphics chip and will outclass DS and PSP in power. It has a touchscreen which would really go well with these type of games. It also has wifi for the episodical downloading of the games directly on the handheld. All in all I think it would be amazing to have a port for telltale games on the pandora.

What do the forumers think of this?

Regards

Bosbeetle.

Ps. I am not trying to make a commercial but for more info on this handheld check openpandora.org

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The Pandora is a very nice and powerful handheld, but it's also not mainstream, so it's not gonna happen. The DS would be pretty good for TTG's adventure games though, just lower the polygon amount, recode the whole engine for the DS and they would work fairly well (DS cartridges can be up to 256 MB, so throwing in all the voices and music wouldn't be a problem either).

Of course, this would take quite a bit of time and money to do, not to mention expertise, a development license for the DS, overhauling the engine to work fast enough on the DS, etc. etc. But that counts for any console, really.

• About the pandora not being mainstream you are right but it could become more mainstream. Since it is probably the first next generation handheld, one of the first if not the only system that combines gaming controls with a full multitasking 'desktop' environment. So nobody knows what will happen to this thing, might as well be the next amiga :) albeit a smaller size.

-Bosbeetle

• The problem is it costs almost as much as half the price of a PS3, And I would really hate to see the price of it here in england :(

• @Ray-The-Sun said: The problem is it costs almost as much as half the price of a PS3, And I would really hate to see the price of it here in england :(

It is an english company that makes them the price is based on the pound :), and the price is pretty reasonable considering you'll basically get a mini-mini-laptop.

But before it becomes a commercial for the pandora which I don't want, how do you feel about telltale games on a handheld for me it would be a dream come true. Luckily the pandora runs scummvm so I can play my old lucasarts titles on it so that is already a part of my dream realized :)

• I'd want some TTG on the DS/DSi, Maybe an exclusive series And although it'll never happen I can always dream that there will be a game where you play as Detective Falco in the Starfox universe.

• @Ray-The-Sun said: I'd want some TTG on the DS/DSi, Maybe an exclusive series And although it'll never happen I can always dream that there will be a game where you play as Detective Falco in the Starfox universe.

Thank god it will never happen. I think i'd have nightmares.:D

• @MussKatt said: Thank god it will never happen. I think i'd have nightmares.:D

What? It fits man! He's got the accent (Because all detectives who work alone NEED an Accent or it just doesn't feel right), The attidue Problem, the 'Old Freind', the Troubled Memories and he's even got a dame he can reminesce about ;)

It'll never happen though.

• @Ray-The-Sun said: What? It fits man! He's got the accent (Because all detectives who work alone NEED an Accent or it just doesn't feel right), The attidue Problem, the 'Old Freind', the Troubled Memories and he's even got a dame he can reminesce about ;)

It'll never happen though.

Indeed, it will never happen, and for that, we should celebrate :P

But....we never know... Mario was transformed into a pinball ball once so... ehhe

• I'd still bet on the pandora over the DS, because of power.

• I have a pandora now for about 2 months, and I still would like to see telltale games on there. But I guess I am not one of many judging by the reactions here.

I must say that I play a lot of adventures on the pandora and it works really well. Using the touch screen for point n clicking but also the dpad for some adventures to move around.

Add Comment