User Avatar Image

How Valuable Would YOU Be?

posted by XYZDartz on - Viewed by 1.6K users

We know that equality and fair assessment is pretty much nonexistent in the ZA. Some people are just not worth the trouble while others are worth protecting. We know that people like Carlos and Vernon were extremely important too their groups because they were doctors, and were probably protected as best as can be (which is why Carver didn't kill Carlos when he had the chance). Others, like Arvo (the translator), are kept around because even though they may be a drag on the group, their skills are too valuable to just go to waste.

That being said, how valuable would YOU be to your group? Would you be expendable or would you be held in high esteem in the eyes of your comrades? Would they cut you loose if they need to make numbers for a boat, or would they ensure you have your spot? What skill or contribution would you offer to your group to ensure you are kept around?

Personally, I think I would be somewhat valuable or on the fence. I am bilingual, I am pretty small(probably slightly taller than Omid) but agile and quick on my feet, and I am good at creating tools from spare parts (I'm a mechanic). Aside from that, I wouldn't have anything special to contribute.

So how important would you be? Would you be: Valuable, On The Fence, or Expendable? Leave your comment below.

91 Comments
  • I think the only valuable trait I would have is beating people up, I'm a strong guy, and maybe giving food out to people in the group.

• I would be utterly worthless walker bait but I'd probably even fuck that up too. I don't even know how to use a can opener. My little sister is 12 and she would last far longer than I ever would, I'm practically expendable even when the world isn't in an apocalypse.

I'm being very dramatic right now but that's all still true.

• I'd be like Omid, but my jokes wouldn't be funny.

So very expendable.

• User Avatar Image
    RomanZombie BANNED

I'd probably be the glenn of my group (the guy who gets the supplies etc) after all i am a very fast runner and im sneaky :)

• Eh, I don't know... I think I'd be able to let go of some morals easier than some others, which isn't necessarily a good thing, but I'd do the dirty work. Sort of like the Merle of the group, except not on drugs.

• I don't look like much, but I wouldn't be too bad. I'm a fairly good shot with a rifle or a shotgun (no, not from video games). I'm decent with a pistol. I could defiantly give other people instructions on how to use a firearm if there was an apocalyptic scenario.

I'm fairly smart, so that would be useful all around. Plus, I get more witty whenever things are shitty (sometimes), so that helps.

I'd be able to pull my own weight.

• I'm pretty calm and fairly intelligent. I would be good at hashing out plans, mediating group arguments, and keeping morale up. But I probably have below average physical strength for my age and my physical fitness is less than ideal. So...not a complete liability but also pretty expendable in most survivor groups. Somewhere around Doug or Omid in terms of survivability.

• I'd be pretty useful actually, as I can distinguish many wild plants and know which ones are edible, which ones have medical property's, and which are poisonous. I can also get clean water from trees and know how to make a filter to treat water from a stream.

I have never touched a gun before though and I'm not very strong.... But aren't food and water more important?

• I dunno, i think i would be pretty useful, i've been practising swordfighting for over 7 years, not fencing, swordfighting. Medieval style. And i own my share of swords. And im pretty fit, so i can run for a couple of miles before tumbling over.

On the other hand, i have a chronic illness that need me to take pills. Not that i will drop dead if i don't take them, but its a liability.

• I'll tell my group I could eat a truck load of poutine. I'd be abandoned by the morning.

Add Comment