User Avatar Image

Alternate Controls?

posted by Lachlan_is on - last edited - Viewed by 621 users

As many of you know, there are difficulties with the arrow key controls, especially with changing angles. I'm just gonna put out a suggestion; Alternate Controls. Basically a few different controls to make thiungs easier, of course the first alternate control I'm putting foward is point-and-click as especially with the changing angles, point-and-click is conveniant, and telltale customers (I generally believe) are used to point and click.

Another alternate control I'm putting out there is keyboard button choice, what I mean is if for example you don't prefer pressing shift to bring up the inventory or if you want to control movement perhaps you want the keypad? I don't care.

Now being a Telltale game coming out in less than a week I obviously do not expect these changes to be made to this episode, I don't really expect it to even be changed this whole season, I don't really know how easy/hard it is to change game controls. This is just an idea I'm putting out there.

Now you've read this tear me apart with comments!

Thanks for Reading,
Lachlan_is

119 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I would much prefer point-and-click too.

I bought all Sam&Max episodes on Steam, and I was really looking forward to Wallace and Gromit, but now I'm not so sure anymore...

• @Lachlan_is said: As many of you know, there are difficulties with the arrow key controls, especially with changing angles. I'm just gonna put out a suggestion; Alternate Controls. Basically a few different controls to make thiungs easier, of course the first alternate control I'm putting foward is point-and-click as especially with the changing angles, point-and-click is conveniant, and telltale customers (I generally believe) are used to point and click.

Another alternate control I'm putting out there is keyboard button choice, what I mean is if for example you don't prefer pressing shift to bring up the inventory or if you want to control movement perhaps you want the keypad? I don't care.

Now being a Telltale game coming out in less than a week I obviously do not expect these changes to be made to this episode, I don't really expect it to even be changed this whole season, I don't really know how easy/hard it is to change game controls. This is just an idea I'm putting out there.

Now you've read this tear me apart with comments!

Thanks for Reading,
    Lachlan_is

what he said.

• I agree. It should be point & click. I was all set to pre-order, but I decided to try the demo first. I'm glad I did. The lack of point & click movement and the lack of the ability to adjust music/voice volumes seperately are deal breakers for me.

While it seems like it could be a decent enough game, I won't be buying it.

• I thought it was okay, I learned to deal with the arrow keys. *shrugs*

• Me too, the only reason Telltale did that was to make the game compatible for the XBox.

• @splash1 said: Me too, the only reason Telltale did that was to make the game compatible for the XBox.

The Xbox controls had no bearing on the PC controls. Point-and-click wasn't an option for this property because it puts restrictions on the way our artists can frame their shots.

• @Guy in a Box said: I thought it was okay, I learned to deal with the arrow keys. *shrugs*

I don't want to do that. I already have to use the keyboard 10 hours a day for work.

Right, personal opinion and all, but what did you expect? I'm here because I liked the other similar games that Telltale makes, and those let you use the mouse. Naturally, this attracts people who like to use the mouse. No big surprise there.

• @[TTG said: Yare;118740']Point-and-click wasn't an option for this property because it puts restrictions on the way our artists can frame their shots.

It wouldn't really pose any restrictions, had you done it the way Avihai suggests in this post.

• @dannythefool said: I don't want to do that. I already have to use the keyboard 10 hours a day for work.

Right, personal opinion and all, but what did you expect? I'm here because I liked the other similar games that Telltale makes, and those let you use the mouse. Naturally, this attracts people who like to use the mouse. No big surprise there.

I always liked Telltale Games because of the humor, really. There was nothing that great about the point and click interface in any adventure games.

• @Hakobus said: It wouldn't really pose any restrictions, had you done it the way Avihai suggests in this post.

We tried several novel control methods and they all felt terribly alien and unintuitive, or were seriously broken in some cases. The linked example would be both.

Add Comment