User Avatar Image

So, that episode was a little bit short, wasn't it?

posted by jello on - last edited - Viewed by 782 users

I don’t want to complain about the overall quality of Fright of the Bumblebees, which is as good as expected since it’s W&G and made by Telltale. ;) It’s fun and everything. :)
But given the pre-release statements that this episode will be longer than episodes of previous Telltale games [due to being a season with four episodes only], I’m a little bit disappointed. I didn’t stop the time as I was playing FotB, but subjectively speaking I have to say that I’ve spend more time on any Strong Bad’s episode than on FotB.
[I didn’t play Sam and Max 104 or 201 yet...]

Is it just me or do others have the same feeling?

51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It did seem a little short, but eh, it's the first episode.

• I was really surprised at how short it was. I bought it this afternoon, started playing it after I put my son to bed, and was done with the episode just a couple hours later. Which, I mean, granted, two hours of game play is still less than the cost of a movie, and I'll probably play it again, just to show some of the funny bits to people (bee disco...hysterical, flipping bees into trees...very clever).

Maybe it's just because I played both seasons of Sam and Max, and so I've sort of attuned to the TTG puzzle modality, and it's faster to go through the content than it would be if I weren't expecting the puzzles to be insanely silly and funny.

Don't get me wrong, I think it was a brilliant episode as well, but I hope the future episodes have more content.

• Well if we get 4 Episodes with 3+ hours of playtime we still get more fun ans playtime out of it then from any other adventure game that you can buy (except the other Telltale-adventures).
    Most of thos 40-or-more-$-Adventures only have 10 hours of playtime.

The strong Bad adventures all took me about 4 hours.
    this one 3.2 hours.
    The shortest Adventure from telltale was out from boneville (1.8 hours) but still I loved every minute of it.

• Maybe you guys are just too good at games. :D

To our playtesters and most of us in the office, it felt like a much longer episode. When I replayed it recently it took me 2.5 hours and that was knowing all the puzzle solutions. I can't imagine I would have finished it in 3 hours the first time through.

• well, Ive tuned the hint system off.
    The solution of the riddles are pretty obvious anyway.
    There are still a lot of hints in the game.
    I think it's evan easier then the sam and max games.
    But that's not too bad for me.
    I really enjoyed playing it.
    It's really like the Wallace and Gromit movies.
    Great work!

• I think the game feels short to many experienced players, because this is a relatively easy game. No wire hanger puzzles, if you know what I mean. ;)

I thought it was nice to be able to play through the game without getting stuck, and as I mentioned in the other thread, I don't think the quality of the game should be measured in play time alone. Personally, I would like the games to be a little longer, the world a bit bigger, and the puzzles to be a little more challenging (especially since this is only a four-part series), but I don't have a huge problem with the situation as it is.

• @Soultaker said: I think the game feels short to many experienced players, because this is a relatively easy game. No wire hanger puzzles, if you know what I mean. ;)

278169v83l4cizfa.jpg

Indeed

• Maybe it’s just because there aren’t so many things to interact with in FotB compared with Strong Bad e.g., and there are only a few places to go to...
    But as I said, all in all it’s a good and funny episode with the W&G style like it should be.

• The first episode was great! Thank you for all the fun.
    But I guess I have to confirm that it can be finished (without skipping any dialogue or looking at walkthroughs) in three hours and a few minutes.
    I still think I'm getting a lot for my money, but some of the riddles might have been harder. Maybe in episode 2. Really looking forward to it!!!
    Thanks again for the wonderful work.

• Yeah, I don't mean to suggest it was less than brilliant, for it was. But I, as a greedy gamer want more. More, I tell you! MORE!

ahem. excuse me. ;)

Add Comment