User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 14.2K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3ds)

I wish I had a WiiU so I could get that version too and play it online.
    (Fortunately, the 3ds and WiiU games can sync saves with each other, so one can play it on a console, then take that character on the road. Don't know if Cap com have implemented it yet, (I remember them having some issue with it that delayed it at release)

Despite that, its still a fantastic game. Improvement over the PSPs Freedom Unite.
    Well... If you have a circle pad pro like I do.
    (Second stick and shoulder buttons make for a more comfortable experience that's for sure! :D)

I just wish that I had someone local to co-op with, but its certainly not impossible to tackle most monsters alone.
    Just takes a lot of planning and practice.

• Inquisitor. It's actually pretty fun. A bit like Diablo II meets Planescape Torment... with extra torment. I already caught one heretic and she killed me a half a dozen times before I realized the safest way was to accuse her and then run for it and let everyone else kill her to death.

• @Alcoremortis said: Inquisitor. It's actually pretty fun. A bit like Diablo II meets Planescape Torment... with extra torment. I already caught one heretic and she killed me a half a dozen times before I realized the safest way was to accuse her and then run for it and let everyone else kill her to death.

Well the game is called Inquisitor. That's what you'd expect.

• Pretty much. I'm enjoying the difficulty curve. The rate I've been going through companions is comparable to Fallout 2. I can NOT keep these guys alive. First it was the dog... then the knight. Luckily, when I reach level 15 there should be a Raise Dead spell available. I just have to remember where I dumped their corpses.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

The 'stay focused on editing' game. I'm not doing very well at it - I keep getting distracted by all the sidequests.

• Batman: Arkham City for Steam

Already encountered the GFWL bug where my savegames disappeared.

Twice.

Fortunately, there's a thread on the Steam forums that explains how to overcome this with a hex editor, which I then used to recover my savegame the second time it happened.

Fantastic game so far, but the devs behind Games for Windows Live can all go jump in a lake. Please.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Well it WOULD have been Doom 3: BFG Edition, if I could get the damn thing to run on my WinXP machine.

But oh, no, wait - IT WON'T RUN ON WIN XP. Yeah, there was £7.50 down the drain.

Sigh. Back to editing then, grumble grumble.

• @Darth Marsden said: Well it WOULD have been Doom 3: BFG Edition, if I could get the damn thing to run on my WinXP machine.

But oh, no, wait - IT WON'T RUN ON WIN XP. Yeah, there was £7.50 down the drain.

Sigh. Back to editing then, grumble grumble.

Win98SE inside VirtualPC ftw!

• @tbm1986 said: Win98SE inside VirtualPC ftw!

it's the new edition of Doom 3 which requires Vista or Win 7. Not Win 98.

• Oops. Why do I always have to hang myself with my own rope? Last I played Doom was Doom 95 and that was boring as hell.

Add Comment