User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 27.1K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Pokemon Black. Downloading one classic Pokemon every day and completely ignoring the disfigured crap they call Pokémon nowadays.
    3 Great Pokemon owned, 3 more to go.

• @der_ketzer said: Pokemon Black. Downloading one classic Pokemon every day and completely ignoring the disfigured crap they call Pokémon nowadays.
    3 Great Pokemon owned, 3 more to go.

There are some gems in the newer generations(Black & White's fossil Pokemon come to mind)...and then there's the trash bag Pokemon or the ice cream cone Pokemon. WTF.

Playing Kingdoms of Amalur for a while.

• @Shadowknight1 said: There are some gems in the newer generations(Black & White's fossil Pokemon come to mind)...and then there's the trash bag Pokemon or the ice cream cone Pokemon. WTF.

Well even the first generation wasn't perfect.
    And yes some of the new ones are really nice. I just don't want to play with them on my team. I want the Pokémon I like.

• Finally getting around to play BioShock Infinite and Borderlands 2, been sitting there for a while just needed some time. Only put 2-3hrs into each so far but already love them both.

I'm probably going to finish BioShock then I can dump lots of time into Borderlands.

• Am I the only one that LIKES the ice cream pokemon?
    (I think its really adorable! <3)

• @der_ketzer said: Well even the first generation wasn't perfect.
    And yes some of the new ones are really nice. I just don't want to play with them on my team. I want the Pokémon I like.

But then I wonder, why not just re-play an old Pokémon game?

I'm most of the way through Oracle of Ages. I've now managed to build a permanent list of Secrets for starting either game first, so as long as I have either my phone or access to my Dropbox, I never have to find something to write down secrets on ever again!

Ages first:

oNjx5p9.png

Seasons first:

QLx6xev.png

• @GuruGuru214 said: But then I wonder, why not just re-play an old Pokémon game?

They aren't available on the 3DS.
    I have no other console in my house. I bought a 3DS Xl to play games like Pokemon. Had I known the tricks I have to pull to play these games with Pokémon I actually like (or in English like any other game on the DS/3DS) I wouldn't have bought Pokemon Black.
    Also I refuse to use an emulator. That's just not the same. But if they would add Pokémon Blue/Red/Green/Yellow to the e-store I'd be all over it. But then again they'd only sell the German version in the German store which would suck. (Had that problem with Link's Awakening already. Didn't check for languages and wasted 6€ on it.)

I have 5 great Generation 1 Pokemon in my team right now that I collected online and one of the 5th generation which I use as my HM-Slave.

070.png082.png097.png028.png077.png

Since getting a Butterfree (my favourite Pokémon) would be a ton of grinding I'm thinking about getting Venomoth as the final member of my team. Because bugs rule. Also not sure if I want to keep Magneton.

----------------------------------------------

Today I invested several hours into playing through the first Metroid for the first time and by god is it hard. Stuck in Turian right now and really glad that there are savestates on the virtual console. Never played a Metroid game but saw all the 2D games in the series several times.

Also thanks for those lists. I'll think about using these to skip some of the horrible minigames in these games.

• I've never been able to seriously play the original Metroid. The difficulty is so up there, I only ever play around it with the NARPAS SWORD password, and Zero Mission always fills its spot in my series runs.

• The problem with the first one is that SuperMetroid overshadows it and Metroid 2. It was such an improvement. You cannot really go back from Super to the NES game.
    Then again they don't have SNES games on the 3DS e-shop. I also bought and played a bit of Metroid 2 before Metroid and just stopped because even Metroid 2 is so much better than the first one.

• Me too, I've tried Metroid off the back of my friends, but it ain't for me

Add Comment