User Avatar Image

The story so far...

posted by Doytch on - last edited - Viewed by 129 users

So, W&G was the first TT game I've boughten, and since then I used the half-off coupon to get S&M season two which I'm playing now.

One thing that I really liked in W&G was the "story so far" screen that catches you up on what's happened. I didn't really use it that much in that game, and didn't miss it in the first episode of Sam and Max I played, but when I played Moai, I really wished it was there because I've been able to play it only in little chunks a few days apart.

So anyway, just wanted to say I really liked the feature and I hope you throw it into your future games. Anyone else find it useful too?

10 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    NickTTG Telltale Staff

i didn't even know it existed in W&G....

• Yeah, it's definitely nice to have that little recap available when resuming a game. It'd be nice if more games had that, since forgetting what I was doing is a big problem when playing adventure games over multiple sittings.

• User Avatar Image
    Dave Grossman Telltale Staff

Good! I'm glad you enjoyed that feature, and that you found it useful for remembering where you were. That's the main reason we put it in there.

I'm curious as to whether you noticed anything about the recaps that you thought could be better?

• I honestly didn't use the feature at all, and it was just kind of "there". It didn't bother me though, and if it helped anybody out then I'd say it succeeded. I just have a stupidly insane memory for things like this. Developed by playing games like the Hitchiker's Guide text adventure, wherein you can screw up the VERY END of the game by not doing something at the VERY BEGINNING.

• User Avatar Image

@Chris1:
    Interesting. Sounds like the logic for that part is not set up quite right, because we know better than to reveal things like that before you should know them. Nostra culpa.

• User Avatar Image

@Rather Dashing said: ...Developed by playing games like the Hitchiker's Guide text adventure, wherein you can screw up the VERY END of the game by not doing something at the VERY BEGINNING.

Perhaps that was an artistic statement about the nature of real life...
    Rest assured, though, that we at Telltale would never do that to you. It's in the bylaws.

Add Comment