User Avatar Image

SBCG4AP Season Too? (Check out Dev Blog)

posted by The Teach on - last edited - Viewed by 634 users

Okay, I may be overthinking this, but does the fact that the Dev Blog was updated mean something amazing in SBCG4AP is going to happen? o:

(Yes, TOO)

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well it did just talk about the extra storage but the fact that they are updating it must mean they are working on something.

• Juding by the recent press release, it looks like Season 2 is a definite 'probably'. Keep in mind that Sam & Max Season 3's probably next, but the recent Wii storage solution seems to have made WiiWare, and especially episodic WiiWare, markedly more profitable. It's safe to say that at least some of the unsureness Telltale may have had about making a second Strong Bad season has been blown into very small pieces.

• @BiggerJ said: Juding by the recent press release, it looks like Season 2 is a definite 'probably'. Keep in mind that Sam & Max Season 3's probably next, but the recent Wii storage solution seems to have made WiiWare, and especially episodic WiiWare, markedly more profitable. It's safe to say that at least some of the unsureness Telltale may have had about making a second Strong Bad season has been blown into very small pieces.

I would love a second season of SBCG4AP, I think SBCG4AP might become the new sam and max if that does happen, because Sam and Max - While Side-Splitting and ingenious - would be best completed as a thee series thing, I just think the third season would just be the topper, beyond that would become desperate and stale.

• I'm more concerned about unsureness on the Chaps' part than on Telltales. SBCG4AP was a ton of work, especially for poor Matt's voice, so they may not want to go through another round so soon. Besides which, even while loving the result, their fans haven't been too thrilled with the idea (true or otherwise) that SBCG4AP went at the cost of regular updates.
    I think Telltale is generating some Strong Bad buzz to go with (/boosts sales on) an upcoming announcement about the collector's dvd and possibly a retail version. I kind of doubt anyone's having any Season Too plans just yet.

• Well the fact that they haven,t released the disc yet and that they are starting Wallace and Gromit they are not going to start Season 2 of SBCG4AP for a while. I hope after a Sam & Max Season 3 they will hold back a little on Sam & Max. I mean don,t get me wrong it is a good game but they need a little more stuff I mea everything else is season 1 but it is on 3 so I wish they would hold back a little. Personally I think that SBCG4AP is the best of the 3.

• @Harald B said: I'm more concerned about unsureness on the Chaps' part than on Telltales. SBCG4AP was a ton of work, especially for poor Matt's voice, so they may not want to go through another round so soon. Besides which, even while loving the result, their fans haven't been too thrilled with the idea (true or otherwise) that SBCG4AP went at the cost of regular updates

I was concerned about Matt's voice too, but on the Something Awful Forums, Jake said that Telltale's comments on the subject were largely misconstrued by the fans (including myself). Could a Telltale Guy or Gal please tell us in this thread, if possible, whether the Brothers Chaps are willing to do a second season? And whether working on SBCG4AP really did force them to do fewer site updates?

• You're reading too much into it. They're just trying to sell more Wiiware copies of the game by promoting the SD card update for the Wii. That's all.

• I hope there's a Season Too. Not now, though. I have a lot of stuff to do already. Getting Sam & Max Season 2, trying to find some videos of W & G shorts, tons of crap.

• Season 2 is almost definite now.

• hey i would like a season too, because if theres anything we lernnt from telltale, its that their second season is always better than before.

Add Comment