User Avatar Image

Ron Gilbert

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 806 users

You guys at telltale games should think about hiring 'ole Ron Gilbert. Having him on the staff could do nothing but good things for TellTale games.

He was the one that pretty much invented the graphic adventure game after all. :P

you can find him at www.grumpygamer.com.

:D

22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I wanna see Mike Stemmle join the telltale fold first :D

• If you can get Ron Gilbert, that would be too freakin' awesome. The I'd actually go and make songs about Telltale and sing them around town until people payed me not to.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]If you can get Ron Gilbert, that would be too freakin' awesome. The I'd actually go and make songs about Telltale and sing them around town until people payed me not to.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Ron is working on his own stuff right now. At least thats what his blog would lead you to believe.

• Ron is his own independent developer.

• I thought his project tanked. I think I remember an interview with him saying he'd never do anything with monkey island again because the story was twisted too much from the original. Asking for ron would be like saying it would be good if tim shafer joined up. Hey wait a sec.... Tim is busy with his own stuff too. Psychonaughts didn't sell as well as had hoped but I really have no idea what his next project is.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

It had better be Psychonauts 2 that Tim is working on... I wanna see that with awesome graphics to complement the awesome art style and smoother controls (dual analog sticks powers mapped to shoulder buttons should mean that you can run and aim TK simultaneously, for instance).

• alas it is one of the games I have yet to play. Heck there are games on the snes, psx and n64 that I haven't gotten around to playing yet. Sigh.. trying to play all the interesting games out there is like trying to read all the interesting books in the world. I really hope that tim does an adventure game. Psychonaughts looked like fun but adventure games could use the help.

• [quote]It had better be Psychonauts 2 that Tim is working on... I wanna see that with awesome graphics to complement the awesome art style and smoother controls (dual analog sticks powers mapped to shoulder buttons should mean that you can run and aim TK simultaneously, for instance).[/quote]

I'm certain there'll be a Psychonauts 2. Having finished Psychonauts on PC I was quite pleased to find that it was just like one of his ol' Advenutre games only you could punch and shoot and set stuff on fire and whatnot. With an ending like it had though, it's bound to get itself a sequel. Also, Raz wan't wearing his goggles in the final clip. His hair looks kind of awful. Worse than mine even.

And there'd best be a sequel because I want to see more of Ford. He was the best character in the whole game. Mmm... Bacon.

• Without de-railing this thread too much more there is an interesting article over on gamespot about innovations in games. It talks a fair amount about psychonaughts and publishers. Figured some of the people on the board might be interested.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6141519.html

• [quote]I'm certain there'll be a Psychonauts 2.[/quote]

I'm certain you're wrong.

Add Comment