User Avatar Image

Ep2: Can't get fashion mag (pos. spoiler)

posted by wassamatta_u on - last edited - Viewed by 261 users

I have solved the weapon and motive, but can't solve the witness. I know I need the Fashion Mag, but when I go to the newsstand, i can't click on anything. I can hear the guy yelling down to me, but there is absolutely nothing to do there. Is there something I need to do first, before the Magazine becomes available to me? Thanks!!

6 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Did you click on the newsstand. If that does not work I don't now what to tell you. I know how to beat the game but I have never actually beat it.

• Yes. I have moved the cursor over every darn pixel of the screen where Gromit is standing in front of the newsstand, and nothing highlights. Tried clicking on everything there, even though it wasn't highlighted, still nothing.

• @wassamatta_u said: Yes. I have moved the cursor over every darn pixel of the screen where Gromit is standing in front of the newsstand, and nothing highlights. Tried clicking on everything there, even though it wasn't highlighted, still nothing.

Did Felicity tell you, that dark glassess aren't in?

• @tonyskate said: Did Felicity tell you, that dark glassess aren't in?

Yes (a dozen times by now!). I have even tried rebooting, just to make sure it wasn't a transient bug. Arrrrgh!

• The might be a general bug with the close-up views: I had a similar problem with the pictures of happy customers in the living room when playing Gromit in the third chapter: I suddenly could not select any of them any longer! - Fortunately I had saved a bookmark at the beginning of the third chapter and when I resumed the game from there, everything was ok. Others have reported that they are stuck in such close-up views and they cannot get back to the normal game play. I could imagine that these two problems are related.

Anyway, unfortunately I guess that that you cannot proceed with the game in progress. The magazines should be always selectable, no matter what else you have done or not done before. And this is not about "pixel hunting": the sensitive area is very large. - I recommend to start from the beginning, save the game at the beginning of the third chapter and then frequently until you have passed that riddle.

• @Nightsurfer said: The might be a general bug with the close-up views... I recommend to start from the beginning, save the game at the beginning of the third chapter and then frequently until you have passed that riddle.

Thanks. *sigh* Doesn't look like a patch is available, so I suppose it is back to the beginning for me!

Add Comment