User Avatar Image

Comic-Con '09!

posted by Sybil Pandemik on - last edited - Viewed by 183 users

(I couldn't find a 2009 Con thread, so I hope its okay I made this)

Anything new and exciting going on at the Telltale booth this year? Any Telltale-related panels? :) Anyone have any awesome plans to share? We almost had to cancel this year; we're only able to come because we've downgraded from a nearby hotel to one not so nearby. And we have to miss Sunday this year due to conflicting plans.

Sadly Plush Max will not be making this year's con, as we won't have room in the car and he needs surgery anyways (and as we're not at the neighboring hotel I wouldn't want to carry him from farther away). :P The Sybil costume will not be returning either, but it wasn't that great anyways lol. I'm still debating making something small to carry around, but it likely won't be S&M related if I do.

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I really hope I get to go this year. I've never been to a Comic Con before, but it looks like a lot of fun.
    If I can actually go this year, I'll have to wear some kind of cool costume... or something...

• I plan to be there, dressed as...umm, a San Diegan?

• ...Well if you haven't already bought your tickets you may in be trouble. Everything is sold out except Sunday, which is like 99% sold out. :/

• I just barely snagged a Friday pass before they sold out in April. I had Saturday on my radar, but it sold out much faster than I expected. This year is going to be big. After all, it is the 40th anniversary of Comic-Con.

• Yeah, I got mine way early just for that reason.

• Oh! Me! Me! I'll be there! :D

I'm bringing three costumes with me (probably only going to use two). I'm staying all 4 days...

I'm extremely nervous though... I seem to have misplaced my Sam suit, so I'm currently trying to find another the right size and color (not an easy task when on a budget). On the upside, I have installed a mini fan inside the mask so I won't drown in my own sweat like what happened at the mall last Halloween...

@Sybil Pandemik said:
    Sadly Plush Max will not be making this year's con, as we won't have room in the car and he needs surgery anyways (and as we're not at the neighboring hotel I wouldn't want to carry him from farther away). :P The Sybil costume will not be returning either, but it wasn't that great anyways lol.

I'm disappointed... We wanted to meet Sybil. :( How about for just one day, please? (It's okay if you definitely can't, I understand... ;_; )

• @Breakman said: I'm disappointed... We wanted to meet Sybil. :( How about for just one day, please? (It's okay if you definitely can't, I understand... ;_; )

I'd think with a Sam costume you'd rather have Max, lol...

I dunno, the Sybil costume is pretty bad. :P I wasn't looking forward to wearing it again. And I think my hair is too short now to put in a bun and too long to put the fake bun over it. :/ And I know I don't want to put Sharpie on my arms again. So no, I don't think Sybil will make it. I hope to see your costume though! I do hope to have a new homemade Sam & Max shirt done on time at least.

• @Sybil Pandemik said: I'd think with a Sam costume you'd rather have Max, lol...

There's a reason why I said "we". ;) Then again, I don't know if I should take Max. Walking around in that costume is hard enough and having him would only make it more difficult in a crowded convention hall.

@Sybil Pandemik said: I dunno, the Sybil costume is pretty bad. :P

Well I thought it was a cool costume. But I could understand not using a costume if it doesn't meet your expectations (I have a few of those in my closet myself). Well then, I'll keep an eye out for your t-shirt (though, it would probably be easier you finding me ^^; ). I hope to meet you there!

You know who I would like to meet? Guybrush Threepwood... (Hint, hint to anyone who is going and wants to wear a costume. ;) )

• I'd love to wear a costume, but I can't think of anything to do. And I'm way too heavy to play a skinny dude, lol.

YES, it is very hard to carry a large object through the convention hall. :/ My Max looks heavier and clunkier than yours, too. I was able to take him to the TT booth only because it was *right* up front next to an entrance. I made an attempt to take him on a circuit of the hall and had to give up in disgrace. It just couldn't be done. :P

• I hope that nobody minds if I bump this thread. I almost started a new one, but then noticed this one in the search results. I put together my itinerary for Comic-Con 2009. Telltale Games is Booth #5364. They are in fact only one booth down from their location last year.[quote]Blog-Like Thing

For those that do not know, I will be attending Comic-Con at the San Diego Convention Center next Friday, July 24th. This will be my second trip. I first attended Comic-Con last year, and had a lot of fun. Allen will not be attending this time. He said something to the effect of, "I don't want to be cooped up inside a sardine factory with an unholy force of unkempt nerds... again." Right now, my plan is to meet up with Telltale Games at Booth #5364 as soon as I arrive (as if that really needed to be stated). If any other Telltale Games fans are going, and would like to meet up, let me know. It seems that I am on my own this year.

Below, I have attached my game plan for Comic-Con 2009, which I have sorted for convenient access (unlike my unorthodox plan last year).

Exhibit Hall Booths (Lower Level)
    #5364 - Telltale Games
    #5213 - Electronic Arts
    #5229 - Sega of America
    #5233 - Rockstar Games
    #4533 - Symbiote Studios
    #3729 - Nickelodeon
    #3735 - Cartoon Network
    #3749 - Shout! Factory
    #3351 - Adult Swim
    #2913L - LucasArts
    #2913A - Lucasfilm

Note-to-Self: Bring every piece of eight that can be found, and load up on booty! Yar![/quote]Also, Jake confirmed in a PM that there will not be any panels this year. Monkey Island consumed all of their planning time. So, Telltale Games will just be boothing it next week. In any case, this means more time to cruise the show floor.

PS. My Comic-Con coverage from last year can be found here. I will try to post a follow-up next weekend, if I have enough to write about.

PPS. I set up a San Diego Comic-Con 2009 Attendees group a few months back.

Add Comment