User Avatar Image

W&G stuck in screen . XBLA ver.

posted by bravesirrobin on - last edited - Viewed by 748 users

So I bought the game today and everything was going great. Other than a couple framerate issues and Wallace missing his pupils after saving Ms. Flit from the bees (Thought it was funny even though he looked demonically possessed).

Right after Gromit arrives in the truck and I turn the auto-pilot on, I'm stuck at the dashboard screen. There's a prompt, press B to exit, but it doesn't work. I've tried every combination of button presses to no avail. I tried the pause menu and exiting the game. But nothing works and now all I have is an unplayable save.

I don't want to restart my game, and there might be the possibility that it could happen again. Just hoping I'll get to play your game again sometime in the future, and I hope you'll fix this in an update. Cheers.

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I am having the exact same problem as you in the same location of the game. After Gromit looks closer at the dashboard I am unable to exit back to the normal view. The "B" button is doing nothing. I have tried pausing and exiting the game also and this has not helped. This scene worked fine in the demo but not in the Full Version. Any help would be wonderful since I am now basically stuck on that screen and my 800 point game is unplayable.

• Have you tried clicking on either the sunroof button or the horn? Either one of those *should* restore control to you.

• @Will said: Have you tried clicking on either the sunroof button or the horn? Either one of those *should* restore control to you.

I have tried both of those and the wipers, radio, and glove box with no luck.

• When you press the buttons, is Gromit actually responding and pressing them?

According to Andrew (programmer) if you click on the sunroof or horn, it should restore the B button to functionality (but doesn't necessarily bring up the "B to back out" text). But that assumes that the chore is actually playing and Gromit is actually responding to input.

• @Will said: When you press the buttons, is Gromit actually responding and pressing them?

According to Andrew (programmer) if you click on the sunroof or horn, it should restore the B button to functionality (but doesn't necessarily bring up the "B to back out" text). But that assumes that the chore is actually playing and Gromit is actually responding to input.

When I press the buttons Gromit responds and presses them and then the action occurs. The only button that doesn't seem to respond is the B button. I just tried again to confirm.

• @parkds said: When I press the buttons Gromit responds and presses them and then the action occurs. The only button that doesn't seem to respond is the B button. I just tried again to confirm.

Same here, is it because I touched the Gorgonzola?

• Ok, I've got some people looking in to this, so hopefully we will have some information soon for you guys. Sorry!

• @Will said: Ok, I've got some people looking in to this, so hopefully we will have some information soon for you guys. Sorry!

Thanks

• I've run into the same problem, and no it's not because you touched the gorgonzola lol, I didn't and am still plagued by this bug.

• @Will said: Ok, I've got some people looking in to this, so hopefully we will have some information soon for you guys. Sorry!

I'm having the same problems. I've tried almost every possible combination and I'm still stuck at the dashboard. The exit message appears every time but I'm unable to leave the screen. All the accompanying scenes play when I hit the buttons as well.

Add Comment