User Avatar Image

Here is how to get the whole W&G season for less than $26.

posted by Nightsurfer on - last edited - Viewed by 372 users

Here is how to get the whole W&G season for less than $26:
[LIST]
[*]Register for the newsletter.
[*]Get your own discount code from the anniversary page.
[*]Buy the first two episodes using that discount code. Thereby you will get them for $5 each; plus $2 store credit.
[*]If you are lucky, you can still buy the third episode for $5 in June (and earn another $1 store credit), as the campaign runs to mid of June.
[*]In this case, you spend 3 * $5 for the first 3 episodes plus $8.95 for the last episode - $3 store credit = $20.95 for all four episodes.
[*]Otherwise, if the third episode is not immediately released for individual purchase, you pay 2 * $5 (anniversary price) + 2* $8.95 (regular price) - $2 store credit (from the "spread the word campaign") = $25,90; still much cheaper than to buy the complete season for $34.95.
[/LIST]
Personally, I cannot complain too much, as I only payed $26 myself using the initial pre-order offer, but I wonder what the folks who recently paid the regular price of $34.95 for the whole W&G season think about this pricing policy...

15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • OR, you may just use this code...

VMY-RFQ-A8E-6WN

^^

• @Zomantic said: OR, you may just use this code...

How selfish of you to post your own discount code to get the store credit yourself. :mad:

• @deadlinejon said: cough

So? - That discussion took place long before Telltale announced to sell the W&G episodes individually, so you could not make this deal.

• For what it's worth I've just got the first 3 episodes this way, so thanks. I probably wouldn't have bought them for more, but am pretty happy this way.

• @Nightsurfer said: Here is how to get the whole W&G season for less than $26:
    [LIST]
    [*]Register for the newsletter.
    [*]Get your own discount code from the anniversary page.
    [*]Buy the first two episodes using that discount code. Thereby you will get them for $5 each; plus $2 store credit.
    [*]If you are lucky, you can still buy the third episode for $5 in June (and earn another $1 store credit), as the campaign runs to mid of June.
    [*]In this case, you spend 3 * $5 for the first 3 episodes plus $8.95 for the last episode - $3 store credit = $20.95 for all four episodes.
    [*]Otherwise, if the third episode is not immediately released for individual purchase, you pay 2 * $5 (anniversary price) + 2* $8.95 (regular price) - $2 store credit (from the "spread the word campaign") = $25,90; still much cheaper than to buy the complete season for $34.95.
    [/LIST]
    Personally, I cannot complain too much, as I only payed $26 myself using the initial pre-order offer, but I wonder what the folks who recently paid the regular price of $34.95 for the whole W&G season think about this pricing policy...

Direct Link for purchasing those games ^^

• A question i'm unsure about the answer:

If you buy all episodes of a season seperately, does this qualify you for getting the season DVD as well or do you only get it by buying a whole season or a season update?

• @taumel said: If you buy all episodes of a season seperately, does this qualify you for getting the season DVD as well or do you only get it by buying a whole season or a season update?

Here is what Emily recently answered when somebody asked the same question about "Strong Bad":
    I cannot imagine that this will be different for W&G.

By the way, the promotion codes expire at midnight Pacific time today, so better hurry to get the whole W&G season for only $20.95!!!

• Thanks, still it would be nice hearing an official voice on this if this is only valid for Strong Bad or more applies as a general rule for all series.

Secondly if it would be true that you get the DVD as well after buying all episodes seperately, would it also be possible sending those in one package instead of each one seperately?

• @taumel said: Secondly if it would be true that you get the DVD as well after buying all episodes seperately, would it also be possible sending those in one package instead of each one seperately?

What do you mean by "those"? - All episodes of one season are of course on the same DVD. - And if you want to order DVDs from several seasons (for example W&G + S&M2), you can order both together. (I had asked the same question by email some months ago.) Note that the shipping costs will be slightly higher then.

Add Comment