User Avatar Image

Which Have You Played?

posted by Black Drazon on - last edited - Viewed by 437 users

I'm sure not everyone here's been around with Monkey Island since the Amiga days, so I'm wondering: which Monkey Island games have you played?

Personally, I've only played 3. I own four (I picked up 3, 4 and Grim Fandango at once), but I've never played it because of a few reviews that said there were too many in-jokes, so I was hoping to find copies of 1 and 2 that I never did! Well I suppose, in a few months, I'll be able to get 1, at least, but I really don't have an excuse any more. What about you?

57 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Unfortunately, I've never played any of them, so I'm a newbie. Please don't make fun of me for that :)

• All of them sadly. Escape from monkey island was a painful experience indeed.

I played monkey island back when there was text for inventory items instead of pictures. *feels old*

• All four, though I never finished Escape. Ye gods I hate the controls on that game... shame.

Of course, I've reinstalled it today on the back of the news... I will see it through before ToMI Episode 1 gets released.

• All of them, and I loved every single one of them. Still my favourite franchise to this day.

• @Guybrush Threepwood said: All of them, and I loved every single one of them. Still my favourite franchise to this day.

You loved escape from monkey island? The story was okay(ish), but it took a decent control system from Grim Fandango, and managed to totally frell it up.

• User Avatar Image
    Sky

Played all of them but out of order (strangly enough, my old computer would play part 3 but was incompatable with 1 or 2) still one of my all time favorites ever created of all time and space and in my DNA and seeing how far I can take this and... well that is as far as I can go. Did I say I practiclly memorized all of the quips for the whole insult paragdim (in english only, Australian was too hard)

• @lord darkstorm said: You loved escape from monkey island? The story was okay(ish), but it took a decent control system from Grim Fandango, and managed to totally frell it up.

He's entitled to his own opinion, you know. Not everybody has to have a negative opinion of MI4.

• @Iron Curtain said: He's entitled to his own opinion, you know. Not everybody has to have a negative opinion of MI4.

Wow really? Where exactly did I badmouth his opinion, or say that it wasn't valid? I was simply going into the reasons *I* didn't like it. Sorry, I didn't know only specific people were entitled to their opinion. ¬.¬

• @lord darkstorm said: Wow really? Where exactly did I badmouth his opinion, or say that it wasn't valid? I was simply going into the reasons *I* didn't like it. Sorry, I didn't know only specific people were entitled to their opinion. ¬.¬

Well nowhere, except when you were shocked that someone could actually love MI4.

Maybe I misinterpreted the meaning behind your post. If that is the case, I apologize. :(

• @Iron Curtain said: Well nowhere, except when you were shocked that someone could actually love MI4.

Maybe I misinterpreted the meaning behind your post. If that is the case, I apologize. :(

Eh, no big deal. We're all grog-swilling pirates, and all. ^^

Add Comment