User Avatar Image

Pre-order "bonuses"

posted by Hakobus on - last edited - Viewed by 883 users

Soo... how about offering something of value to the loyal customers who've already bought pretty much every single episode of pretty much all of your games?

"Free Telltale Games episode of your choice!" Wow, thanks, but I've already got two extra episodes of Sam & Max. Don't really need any more.

"Collector's DVD slipcase" Yeeeeah, doesn't really do it for me either.

"Access to exclusive Monkey Island section of TT site" Really doesn't do it for me.

I mean, a lot of people have been loyal customers for quite a while now. How about giving like, a discount or dropping the postage on the DVD or something? I do understand you have a business to run, but still, offering free episodes of games I already own doesn't really entice me into pre-ordering anything.

111 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Gimme a Guybrush action figure! :D

• Where is this mystical "exclusive Monkey Island section"? I'm apparently incredibly dense, because I can't seem to find it (though I have pre-ordered).

• ^ It's the Private Pirates Club forum beneath this one on the main list.

Dominic Armato will be dropping in there, and that alone is a fantastic bonus.

(Though I have to say that I too already own everything Telltale have made, so that free episode isn't really doing anything for me)

• I don't really see the point in having a VIP lounge for us who preordered, if they only ignore most of the questions asked.. My two cents.. I at least feel ignored. I had at least one very simple question, but noooo.. :( I got my answer to the other question, when I watched the trailer again ;O

Curly clouds <3

• well I guess they are pretty swamped right now with the announcement and the e3 coming up...

• I think the first Monkey Island cover art by Purcell in 20 years is pretty awesome...

If you don't like the preorder goodies you can always wait and buy the game on release day for the same price without them, of course.

@jannar85 said: I don't really see the point in having a VIP lounge for us who preordered, if they only ignore most of the questions asked.. My two cents.. I at least feel ignored. I had at least one very simple question, but noooo.. :( I got my answer to the other question, when I watched the trailer again ;O

Curly clouds <3

I don't think the staff knows about the forum yet. It'll warm up. :)

• @Jake said: I think the first Monkey Island cover art by Purcell in 20 years is pretty awesome...

If you don't like the preorder goodies you can always wait and buy the game on release day for the same price without them, of course.

The art is awesome!

That said, I would not mind it saying that the price for buying when the game is released is going to be the same as the pre-order price; it wasn't clear if the price was part of the "bonus".

And I will say that while I happily pre-ordered...the bonuses aren't, really, that great for someone who's already a Telltale fan, seeing as he or she probably has what he or she wants, episode-wise; that does seem to be the main "pre-order bonus" thing.

As you say, we can always order later, but it wouldn't hurt to include SOMETHING else that's a bonus and feels...well, DEFINITELY worth a PRE-order, as opposed to just waiting for 7/7.

• ...Oh, come on, now. *points at a new thread in the private forum* Out of respect for it being private, I'll not specify what's in it, but I'll say this: you have PHOTOS of things that would be WONDERFUL bonus-features for those pre-ordering. Heck, you could ship 'em with the DVD at the end of the season.

• I pre-ordered, but I don't see the private forum. Where is it? How do I access it?

• I'm a little curious if anyone knows if the free game coupon has an expiry date. In a related question, does anyone know when the "Season Upgrade" will show up for Wallace and Grommit? I figure there's no point in getting a W&G game if all it does is cost me the bundle price. I assume it's at the end of the season, or something to that effect. I've never really been in the situation where I've had one game and wanted the others.

Add Comment