User Avatar Image

If you guys don't release Tales on XBLA then..

posted by speedsix on - last edited - Viewed by 297 users

Well, I don't know what then.. but I will be very, very unhappy. You don't want that, right?

Sincerely

One very sad long time MI fan

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I want everything to come on the DS. I'm wondering why it hasn't yet anyway seeing as the console is what is bringing back adventure gaming

• Well the DS has Phoenix Wright, Trace Memory, Hotel Dust and a few ports of older games.
    The Wii has Zack and Wiki, Strong Bad and a few more ports.

Both are good contenders, though adventure games are still more plentiful on the PC.

• Yeah, because there's no chance that these games won't come to your console of choice after a small run of console exclusivity. Absolutely none. *hides all the copies of Sam and Max on the Wii.*

• Ignore this comment since l was confused with the special edition, which apparently is not made by TT or so l have read here.

• @doom saber said: Seein how Kotaku mentions that this game is bein released on the PS network and the X 360 live arcade, I don't think you have to worry esp how the screencaps from kotaku are obviously capped from the xbox ver

http://kotaku.com/5274117/the-secret-of-monkey-island-special-edition-in-pictures/gallery

That's the Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition... different game than Tales of Monkey Island and not being made by Telltale. With that being said, Wallace and Gromit was released on the X-Box Live and the game will probably have a console friendly control scheme so I figure an eventual X-Box release is likely. I don't think any Telltale games have been released on the PSN so I wouldn't hold my breath for that one.

• That's not this game, though.

• I hope so because I want to buy the game, but I'm afraid that my PC won't be able to run it very well even though it meets the minimum specs.

• @doomsoth said: I hope so because I want to buy the game, but I'm afraid that my PC won't be able to run it very well even though it meets the minimum specs.

Well a good graphics card is not too expensive nowadays...
    What used to be high end is nowadays mid to low end!

• @Harley Quinn said: I'm wondering why it hasn't yet anyway seeing as the console is what is bringing back adventure gaming.

Because the DS has roughly the same processing power as a toaster? The engine and all of the game assets would need to be completely remade to work on the DS's lame dual-ARM architecture.

• @werpu said: Well a good graphics card is not too expensive nowadays...
    What used to be high end is nowadays mid to low end!

I may just break down and buy the SE for the PC. Ugg...I also really want S&M Season 2, but I just love gaming in my living room. lol I recently upgraded my videocard to a Radeon X1050. I know it's not much, but my PC doesn't have much left to upgrade since it's an AMD 2000+ on an ancient ASUS motherboard. I've maxed out the RAM at 2 gigs. lol I just don't trust the thing much more for new games, but do you think that it should run fine? Sam and Max occasionally has problems; especially with the car chasing scene or any fast moving action on newer games.

Add Comment