User Avatar Image

Elaine's Accent?

posted by thanatos56 on - last edited - Viewed by 749 users

I noticed that in Curse, Elaine had an obvious English accent, but it had somehow disappeared completely by Escape. I was just wondering if she'll have the accent again in Tales. I don't have a preference one way or another, it's just a curiosity.

71 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I view her with a british accent, I think that's how Telltale views her too, so I guess she'll have an english accent, or maybe something else, I dunno..

  • Since she's had two quite different accents already, maybe it's time for a brand new one? How about Scottish?

  • Weird, I viewed her with a Scottish accent, too.

  • @Armakuni said: Since she's had two quite different accents already, maybe it's time for a brand new one? How about Scottish?

    Sure. And why not give her a completely different accent for every single chapter. Scottish, Spanish, French, German, and then something completely random for the last one like pig latin or something. That won't be distracting at all. :p

  • It would remain consistant with how they've done it so far :D

    I was just joking, though ;)

  • Hardcore scouse. "Eee-ar, mace!"

  • As it's the voice actor from Curse I'm guessing she'll be good ol' Brittish.
    I always foudn it odd how she was american in Escape, did her accent localise quickly or something?

  • @serweet said: As it's the voice actor from Curse I'm guessing she'll be good ol' Brittish.
    I always foudn it odd how she was american in Escape, did her accent localise quickly or something?

    Oh, I didn't know she's being played be the Curse voice actor. That's pretty cool, now we won't have to worry about Scottish accents.

  • I always found the voice actress for Elaine in Curse laughably bad and unbelievable. And judging from the Special Edition teaser video, she has not improved her acting abilities one bit. Elaine's Escape voice was one of the only things that was better in the fourth game than in the third. If the one from Curse is in Tales, I'll be very disappointed.


    PS. It's not the accent. In theory a British accent would suit her character. It's just the horrible intonation and timing on the VA's part.

  • @pluizig said: I always found the voice actress for Elaine in Curse laughably bad and unbelievable. And judging from the Special Edition teaser video, she has not improved her acting abilities one bit. Elaine's Escape voice was one of the only things that was better in the fourth game than in the third. If the one from Curse is in Tales, I'll be very disappointed.

    PS. It's not the accent. In theory a British accent would suit her character. It's just the horrible intonation and timing on the VA's part.

    Ding! You get the prize for best summing this up!

    Thankfully Elaine was turned into a statue for most of CMI. The makers of EFMI obviously saw it was something that needed fixing and well, if they didn't go and fix it! It was probably, as you said, the only improvement added to the series by EFMI.

Add Comment