User Avatar Image

Mac version?

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

Will Sam & Max be coming to any other platforms, such as Mac OS X? :-/

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

That'd be good. I use a Dell but a Mac laptop would be nice. And not having to use Paralell Desktop. (Why am I saying this?!)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Yep, running this natively on my 24" iMac would be superb! :p

Any news on this?

• No news on Sam & Max for the Mac right now, but a Mac port for Out from Boneville came out today! More info here.

How well this does will help us evaluate the Mac audience for a Sam & Max game...

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Thanks, Emily :)

I'm just buying a copy of Mac Bones Act 1 now :)

I hope others have done the same to persuade you guys into making native Mac games! :)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]Sam and Macs, ahoy![/quote]

you need to sit in the corner for that one :|

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]No news on Sam & Max for the Mac right now, but a Mac port for Out from Boneville came out today! More info here.

How well this does will help us evaluate the Mac audience for a Sam & Max game...[/quote]

I guess you can't directly compare Bone and Sam & Max. The latter is a well-known franchise among Mac users and was a smash-hit on the platform back in the 90's.

Users with a background in Apple's "creative pro" market, most notably artists and designers, might know the Bone comic series. But for Average Joe, Bone is a newcomer.

I'm really glad you brought Out from Boneville to OS X and I immediately bought my copy yesterday. But I'm sure Sam & Max would sell much more copies on the Mac because it's a strong brand and many people played the LA original.

My brother's a good example: He's an avid Mac user like myself and would never touch Windows – even if it's just for playing a game. He isn't sure about getting Bone, but he keeps asking me: "Do you know if this new Sam & Max game is coming out on Mac, I loved the first one from LucasArts".

Just a thought. Keep up the great work. I'll have to leave now. Where's my Bone?

• Oh, of course we know there are different considerations for bringing Sam & Max to Mac, or Bone to Mac. On the flip side, a lot of the indie comic industry are Mac users, and Bone is very well known among that audience, so you could argue that it makes MORE sense to bring Bone to the Mac. ;)

Still, if a bazillion copies of the Mac Out from Boneville sell, it's certainly going to help us justify bringing Sam & Max to the Mac.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

A bazillion? That's a pretty high number :P

Hope it does!

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]A bazillion? That's a pretty high number :P

Hope it does![/quote]

Because of the superior intellect and artistic excellence of every single Mac user out there, one sold Mac Bone counts as 1000 PC copies. ;)

Add Comment