User Avatar Image

They should make telltale texas hold em 2

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 4K users

I love the concept.. and well I love texas hold em.. The key to there being a next game is.. the ability to save your highest score..or highest stack..that would add to the replayability(is that a word?) anyway if you had about 10 characters in the second game.. the ability to play tournaments.. ability to play limit and no limit.. this would turn a really fun game into something you'd play quite often..hey better than solitaire.. If you mix the characters great voice acting and great writing with a game that has a lot of replay value..then you got a winning formuka for the "casual gamer" that telltale seems interested in.. What do you think?

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I agree with you one hundred percent on what TTHE is missing.

It may be a while before you see Telltale Texas Hold Em 2 but we are brainstorming similar concepts

Dudebrough, Shakey, Krinkle and Weinhead shall return

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Dan.. Looing forward to those developments :)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I love the game too - but wouldn't it be a nice idea to be able to play with friends over the net? Maybe this is an option you can consider in the second edition.
    Did not find any game where you can invite your friends to play some poker without having to pay some extra fee.

This would not replace a face to face poker once a month - but it would be nice training... :)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Maybe a new card game? Like Hearts? I used to have this old Win98 Hearts game. It had animated characters that had some dialog, but no voice, just text. It was actually a fun game.

Or how about a Telltale Monopoly game? I still have my old Westwood Studios Monopoly game. It was fun, back in the day, to log into their server using the WCHAT program, and play with people online. I think online games like this, would build a great community for Telltale.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I Like those ideas Wile E.. they'd have to get the rights though wouldn't they? a Telltale Clue game I would love.. It was dudebrough in the basement with his bong! :D

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I once had a dream about a sequel. It still had Ted and Boris, but it also had some crazy retired military general and the ghost of one of Grandma Shakey's husbands.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Personally I would not like to see a sequel. There are plenty of casual game makers out there, we certainly do not need another one of those.
    I would much rather have Telltale focus on adventure games and games with great stories (and not make them really easy to please very casual gamers like they sort of seem to be doing at the moment).

• Would it be that hard to add a few characters? i mean a few new faces, change the level of their dificulty and change around the dialog a little. Seems like it wouldnt be that hard.

I chose this game over others because in the demo i liked the dialog and the jokes, i want to write em down and remember when i play real cards.

• More players. More cash and such would be nice features to have :) also maybe skill levels or auto learning A.I the more you play the better they get or so..

• I love Telltale Texas Holdem too , and it would be nice to add a few new characters like maybe Sam and Max XD or let you play other versions of poker ...

Add Comment