User Avatar Image

Gametap only available in the States?

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

I don't know if there was already a thread about this, and I'm sorry if there was, but are us canucks going to have to wait until November to play the game? I was on the Gametap site today and it said it was only available in the States.

What is a canuck to do?

51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Now you know how we Europeans feel. ;)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]I don't know if there was already a thread about this, and I'm sorry if there was, but are us canucks going to have to wait until November to play the game? I was on the Gametap site today and it said it was only available in the States.

What is a canuck to do?[/quote]

I just saw this too, and was a little shocked.

I must ask, though. What will happen in November that changes the situation?

As far as I know Gametap has been chosen to distribute the episodes, period.
    Will they open up for the rest of the world in November?

Or is the rest of the world simply out of luck when it comes to playing the Sam&Max episodes?

I'm European myself, and was looking forward to playing these episodes.

Edit: Ok, I found the answer myself... Telltale will start distributing the game on its own.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

yeah i know. it sucks badly, they kinda **** on their fans with that. But in the end it will only cause bigger piracy of the game. Because seriously why do we have to wait longer, just because we dont live in USA. A fair company would release to all the people at the same time, instead of this USA first.

Hope telltale will be just alittle smarter next time..

• A little smarter? We're driving people to piracy? :(

GameTap *funded* this game. There wouldn't be a Sam & Max: Season 1 launching this year if not for them. With that in mind, it really irks me to see people saying Telltale's driving people to piracy by giving the company who made the game possible a brief exclusivity period. :( :(

After 13 years, 15 days is really not a long time to wait. Retail games often have much longer delays between North American and European releases (or vice versa).

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Indeed you do. I bet im not the only who doesnt understand why all fans located outside USA, arent as important. Why not just give all the people the game the 17oct. ?

Well anyhow to thread creator. You can just find a proxy server in the United States and go thru it. Then you can register on gametap.com and get the game here the 17 oct.

• Don't be sad Emily, for every person that says that, there are thousands of us that don't care. We all know about the "the ones that shout loudest, are the ones who don't have a clue/the ones who are not pleased". it's like that in real life, and it really crystallizes on internet forums. not that you didn't know that allready, but i just wanted to make you smile again.

I'm getting the episodes two weeks after gametap subscribers, and i'm loving it!

Well ok, maybe not loving, but i'm pretty affectionate about it.

Let's just hope i can keep away from the forums during that period.

• [quote]I'm getting the episodes two weeks after gametap subscribers, and i'm loving it![/quote]
    Me too, and pirating any of Telltale's games hasn't even crossed my mind.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

It doesnt make it any better than other companies does it to. Because it will in the end, cause bigger piracy, because people doesnt wanna have to wait longer than some other, just because we arent located in the states, especially not when its an online download game. Where the reason lies for you're choice to give it to the people of the states first i dont know.

I just think next time you should stick to releasing the episodes on youre sites and giving it to all the fans at the same time instead of making a difference on us. :(

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

didn say i was going to pirate the game, just stated it leades to bigger piracy. Im going thru a proxy server an downloading the game legit from gametap.com here the oct 17. dont wanna wait 2 weeks because im in Denmark. I always support good games. It just makes no sence they should have us waiting for 2 weeks. When there arent any media / cd's that has to me made and deliveret out to the countries.

Add Comment