User Avatar Image

Space Quest 7

posted by MillerEP on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

Space Quest 7, so I can die happy please.

The Space Quest series has to be up for grabs, Sierra scraped it back in 1997, and now that they don't even have thier own name anymore, because they're part of the Activision/Blizzard group now, you know they don't have any plans to ever make a new one.

138 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • A month ago I'd say it's impossible, but frankly I'm not really sure I want to say any franchise is off-limits for Telltale anymore. I'm pretty sure I was level-headedly proclaiming that Monkey Island was on the far edge of logical improbability a week before the announcement of Tales, and I would have done the same up to the moment of the announcement.

Space Quest is a series near and dear to my heart as well. To see one done by Telltale would easily have me floored, amazed, and willing to spend lots of money. =p

• Actually...the Space Quest games would lend themselves very well to the episodic format, especially as they're parodies of Star Trek and Star Wars.

I'd LOVE to see Telltale's take on Space Quest. But Sierra is dead. :(

• That would be great, but not without the approval of The Two Guys from Andromeda(TM), otherwise known as Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe, and sadly, they seem to have dropped off the face of the Earth. Frankly, I would still like to see sq7.org finished, but due to VU, it may never be released. However, there is a silver lining.

• @mhaley said: That would be great, but not without the approval of The Two Guys from Andromeda(TM), otherwise known as Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe, and sadly, they seem to have dropped off the face of the Earth. Frankly, I would still like to see sq7.org finished, but due to VU, it may never be released. However, there is a silver lining.

It is said that sq7.org is a hoax since most of the pics shown were created with Poser

• The problem with getting the approval both of the Two Guys from Andromeda is that they're not on very good terms with one another anymore. Here's an interview with Scott Murphy from a few years back about whatever became of him and his thoughts about Space Quest, Sierra, and his fellow designers: http://www.adventureclassicgaming.com/index.php/site/interviews/234/

If Telltale ever did make a Space Quest game, I'd personally also like to see Josh Mandel involved (the semi-official Third Guy from Andromeda who designed Space Quest 6 and wrote most of the hilarious non-plot-and-puzzle-relevant descriptions and interactions in Space Quest IV), even though Scott Murphy isn't too fond of him either. Definitely if TT made a Space Quest, I'd want it to be written like a Sierra game, with a narrator providing lengthy and often irrelevant descriptions of every visible object on screen, and not like a LucasArts game, with the main character providing concise descriptions of only the important and puzzle-relevant objects.

• Oh yes, Space Quest! I remember those! Excellent, excellent series. Would be cool to have another one. But I guess it's up to fans to make it, since Sierra is sleeping with the fishes now.

• User Avatar Image
    Majus Telltale Staff

I just love Space Quest 3, it has a very dark and lonely atmosphere. While this game was funny AND dark, the next ones were more funny than dark, so I lost interest in the series.

• Sierra's old properties are up for sale..it just depends how much they cost and if its viable to pay for them to make a new series.. I'd love to see a new space quest or even better a new police quest!

• Please Telltale. Please find a way to make a Space Quest game. You're our only hope.

*puppy dog eyes*

• Space Quest is nothing without Scott or Mark (and to an extent, Josh Mandel as well). Unless they're involved I wouldn't be completely satisfied.

Add Comment