Menu
User Avatar Image

Lechuck should be scary this time around!

posted by presidentmax on - last edited - Viewed by 327 users

After the announcement of the new monkey island game i was so excited that i went and played through the first 3 monkey island games from start to finish.

I noticed alot of changes as the series progressed. One being Lechuck.

I want to know how you think telltale will intepret Lechuck. Is it me or did he become less of a threat in the third game, i never really felt scared of him.

While in the second game, i was jumping at fright everytime he appeared to attack me at the end of the game (and i'm 20 years old )

I really hope they make him more sinister and frightening this time around. Draw more influence from his earlier interpretations.

37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I watched the end of LeChuck's Revenge on YouTube today. That's actually creepy and scary. It's an amazing boss fight, the only good one I've seen in an adventure game. I really hope LeChuck is more terrifying in this game.

• @presidentmax said: After the announcement of the new monkey island game i was so excited that i went and played through the first 3 monkey island games from start to finish.

I noticed alot of changes as the series progressed. One being Lechuck.

I want to know how you think telltale will intepret Lechuck. Is it me or did he become less of a threat in the third game, i never really felt scared of him.

While in the second game, i was jumping at fright everytime he appeared to attack me at the end of the game (and i'm 20 years old )

I really hope they make him more sinister and frightening this time around. Draw more influence from his earlier interpretations.

Haha, I like it how you purposely went for the first three games.
    I'm hoping that he'll return to what he was in the second game (maybe the second as well). I just think that in the last game they took it a bit too cartoonish making him more like a fumbling fool, which is more what Guybrush is meant to be.
    I like having a villain that, whenever he enters the room, I run straight out the other door without thinking =]

• @Guybrush 3pwood said: Haha, I like it how you purposely went for the first three games.
    I'm hoping that he'll return to what he was in the second game (maybe the second as well). I just think that in the last game they took it a bit too cartoonish making him more like a fumbling fool, which is more what Guybrush is meant to be.
    I like having a villain that, whenever he enters the room, I run straight out the other door without thinking =]

He wasn't really a fumbling fool. He played the same sort of role as he did in Lechuck's Revenge in the end. But burning Guybrush's feet isn't as scary as trying to send him to a dimension of pain and suffering. The fact you come out of nowhere with no plan to defeat him except with pepper spray and TNT? That wasn't really all that amazing. CMI was a great game, but Big Whoop just didn't deliver.

• hmm not quite fumbling fool, but I think more comedic I guess.

Also, just as a side point, I really liked the fullness in LeChuck's beard in CMI; it was like it had a certain life of its own(not really)... before it caught on fire.

• @PariahKing said: I watched the end of LeChuck's Revenge on YouTube today. That's actually creepy and scary. It's an amazing boss fight, the only good one I've seen in an adventure game. I really hope LeChuck is more terrifying in this game.

Watched? Your loss, pal.

True, though. I expected him to come out any door when I played it. Though the ending itself was way scarier. I was like "Holy Monkey Bladders!! Nothing is real?! What the PFARGTL?!"

• @tredlow said: Watched? Your loss, pal.

True, though. I expected him to come out any door when I played it. Though the ending itself was way scarier. I was like "Holy Monkey Bladders!! Nothing is real?! What the PFARGTL?!"

Oh, I've played it. I remember very well the dialog tree of philosophy and that annoying cracker puzzle.

On every replay, I always forget the cracker puzzle. It never fails. Although I never had much trouble with the monkey wrench thing.

Thankfully it's been awhile so the lines all seemed fresh to me. I did actually turn it off midway - my intent is to avoid MI1 and MI2 to so I can really enjoy the special editions. (MI2 is more of a hope.)

• @PariahKing said: Oh, I've played it. I remember very well the dialog tree of philosophy and that annoying cracker puzzle.

On every replay, I always forget the cracker puzzle. It never fails. Although I never had much trouble with the monkey wrench thing.

Thankfully it's been awhile so the lines all seemed fresh to me. I did actually turn it off midway - my intent is to avoid MI1 and MI2 to so I can really enjoy the special editions. (MI2 is more of a hope.)

Which one's the cracker puzzle, again?

• @tredlow said: Which one's the cracker puzzle, again?

It's the thing with the parrot - you want to find the X. You've got to take the cracker from the barrel or something, take this wine glass and dip it in the ocean. Then purify it then walk around to find a tree with a bag hanging out of it. Then you hit the bottle on the tree and it breaks, and you use the broken bottle to open the bag. Then you take the cracker mix and put the water in it and feed the parrot. He then gives you instructions to the big red X.

I always forget something in there or can't find all the little bits or pieces.

• @PariahKing said: It's the thing with the parrot - you want to find the X. You've got to take the cracker from the barrel or something, take this wine glass and dip it in the ocean. Then purify it then walk around to find a tree with a bag hanging out of it. Then you hit the bottle on the tree and it breaks, and you use the broken bottle to open the bag. Then you take the cracker mix and put the water in it and feed the parrot. He then gives you instructions to the big red X.

I always forget something in there or can't find all the little bits or pieces.

Meh, the philosophy of colors puzzle is more annoying to me.

• @tredlow said: Meh, the philosophy of colors puzzle is more annoying to me.

Probably because it's a non-puzzle and a just a big waste of time with no relevance to completing the game?

Although the pay off in retrospect is funny.

Add Comment