User Avatar Image

Who are the controlls in TOMI?

posted by Sphaa on - last edited - Viewed by 169 users

Hi there!
I tried to search for this question, but I didn`t find an answer.

I just wonder how the controls are in this game?
Is it like MI4 where you use a gamepad or keyboard, or is it like the REAL MI games where you use a mouse to point and click?

If its like MI4 I will most likely act like a pirate and steal this game. I will not support that!!
However, if its a good, classic point and click than I will pre-order this tomorrow, and I will love and support Telltales for the rest of my life!!

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Halfway in between sadly. They're the same controls as in the Wallace and Gromit game, not quite so awful as EMI but still a big barrier to play.

• Thanks for the answer.

Telltales, WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING???!!!!
    Please, please moderators. Can you ask that question to the telltales crew.

I was counting days until payday so I could pre-order this game/series, but now, well......you dont get my money:(

• the keyboard worked great on MI4. stop complaining. no one gives a shit.

• There are a lot of people, who give "a shit" for this, I won't buy this control crap either. It seems, as if the people of telltale haven't learned anything from W&G. And MI4 was crap because of the controls - it didn't sell because of this and a lot of fans, who bought it, even didn't play nearly halfway through the game, too, because of the control. This is a little history reapiting.

• To threepcross:

That is just bullshit. MI4 was a discrase, and a lot of people agree with me.

I love MI 1&2 more than any other game (I payed over 100$ for them on ebay), and I think its a good thing for Telltales to let them know why they don't get my and my mates money.

If it's bothering you it's your problem

• [quote]If its like MI4 I will most likely act like a pirate and steal this game. I will not support that!![/quote]

And we will not support discussions of mighty software piracy on our forums, so please refrain from making this type of statement around here. Thanks.

The controls for Tales of Monkey Island are still being developed. (We actually never confirmed that they'll be exactly like Wallace & Gromit's controls, although a lot of people seem to have jumped to this conclusion...) On Wii, the controls will probably be handled through a combination of the remote and the nunchuk. On PC they may be a keyboard / mouse combo or may be entirely mouse driven. It won't be exactly the same as the point and click we did for Sam & Max, but will also not be exactly like our first direct control scheme in Wallace & Gromit... more like an evolution of what we started in W&G. We definitely want it to feel comfortable for people playing on PC, and to work well with the Monkey Island gameplay, so a lot of consideration is going into the decision!

When we have more information about how it's going to work, we'll let you guys know, but for now all I can really say is that we're still working on it.

• Sorry for that statement, it was childish.
    And thanks for a good answer to my question!!

It's just that this game series means so much to me, and I don`t want you to ruin it by making another MI4. Please, Please give us the classic point and click!!!
    MI3 style would be great, but an MI1 style with "pick up", "open", "use" and so on would rock my world:)

• @Sphaa said: MI1 style with "pick up", "take", "use" and so on would rock my world:)

Wouldn't "pick up" and "take" verbs accomplish the same thing? ;)

• AARG....I'm writing so much wrong today....time to log off.

• [quote]It's just that this game series means so much to me, and I don`t want you to ruin it[/quote]

Believe me, we understand. :D The team working on this game -- including Dave Grossman, one of the original Monkey Island writers and designers -- has pretty strong attachments to the Monkey Island series, and no one wants to ruin it. :)

Add Comment