User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island - Graphics

posted by aleny2k on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

This goes out for the developers of Tales of Monkey Island (TMI),

I really love what you guys have done so far. The story, the music, the characters, etc all looks superb and promising, EXCEPT for the graphics.

I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one complaining about the graphics. I have a bunch of friends who are hardcore monkey island fans and when i showed them TMI, they all gave the same response: the graphics of this game looks OBSOLETE! It looks dull, plain and utterly unattractive. If 3d graphics is not your forte, perhaps you guys may want to consider doing it in classic point-and-click 2d style, like 'the curse of monkey island'. that graphic doesnt look outdated, even until today!

Now, I'm telling you this now because this game has not been released yet and there is still time to make MAJOR enhancement to the graphics of this game, before it's too late. I think that if you are successful at enhancing it, not only will TMI rocks, you will gain a lot more consumer market. just a thought.

GOOD LUCK GUYS! Thanks for reading!

176 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm so tired of reading this. The graphics are more than fine and the screenshots, IIRC, are of an incomplete version of the game anyway.

These games aren't about the graphics anyway!

• @aleny2k said: This goes out for the developers of Tales of Monkey Island (TMI),

I really love what you guys have done so far. The story, the music, the characters, etc all looks superb and promising, EXCEPT for the graphics.

I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one complaining about the graphics. I have a bunch of friends who are hardcore monkey island fans and when i showed them TMI, they all gave the same response: the graphics of this game looks OBSOLETE! It looks dull, plain and utterly unattractive. If 3d graphics is not your forte, perhaps you guys may want to consider doing it in classic point-and-click 2d style, like 'the curse of monkey island'. that graphic doesnt look outdated, even until today!

Now, I'm telling you this now because this game has not been released yet and there is still time to make MAJOR enhancement to the graphics of this game, before it's too late. I think that if you are successful at enhancing it, not only will TMI rocks, you will gain a lot more consumer market. just a thought.

GOOD LUCK GUYS! Thanks for reading!

Yeah, five weeks. Plenty of time to redo the entire game, right?
    Who's with me?
    Guys?

Seriously, the graphics look fine. I mean, all we've seen is the trailer, and I think that was pretty spellbinding. Also, in anygame, graphics are always second chump to gameplay (and, for adventure games, story/puzzles). We haven't even seen the rest of the game.

Also, yes, 3D is Telltale's forte. It's kinda the only games they make. Maybe you should try Monkey Island Special Addition?

• I wish Telltale would catch up with everybody with the artistic realization of the gaming industry that everything needs to be a muddied brown and grey mixture.

• I think screenshots and the trailer are not a very good representation of the game's graphics. Watch this E3 stage demo video linked below, it shows a lot of gameplay footage and it looks quite good to me. Granted, it's not Crysis 2, but this is an adventure game, you don't need to get all that fancy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-4kr9QP6Mk

• I actually want to play the first episode before I make any judgements.

• I'm not saying they should redo. i'm talking about ENHANCEMENT. they've obviously laid all the foundations. perhaps improving the model and applying a more high detailed texture will do for now.

and if they are ready to take up the challenge and listen to the cries of fans all over the world to make the game in 2d style, they can always do it in SEASON 2. Again, just a thought. i'm just speaking on behalf of millions of fans out there who wanted their voices to be heard

• I'm sure telltale games appreciates your advice. They'll get right on it FUTURE BOY ! Build a Delorean and go back in time to remake the game in point and click 2-D ....Who cares about graphics, this isn't Doom 4 ! Whatever happened to people making adventure games for the right reasons, like Telltale games does . For the stories , and for the customers and fans . Monkey island never looked like Doom, why should it now ? It's not like its simon the sorcereor 3d ! IT's not that bad ! Also, simon the sorceror 1-2 walked all over MiI-one and two visually speaking , details , and all .Monkey island was never a visual fascination. People who think the 4th game looks bad havent played simon the sorceror 3d.

• @aleny2k said: and if they are ready to take up the challenge and listen to the cries of fans all over the world to make the game in 2d style, they can always do it in SEASON 2. Again, just a thought. i'm just speaking on behalf of millions of fans out there who wanted their voices to be heard

How kind of you. You're like Gordon Brown kinda... Saving the world, one issue at a time :rolleyes:

• Sometimes I think it may have been a mistake to reveal as much of the game as they did. I think people will be pleasantly surprised with the final product.

Add Comment