39 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That's a weird headline for an article that just restates common sense: If the SoMI remake does well, they'll do more remakes.

• Leave it to news articles to put a bad twist on a good thing and have people believing it...

And George never had anything to do with the games, you know. Other than signing off his approval for Indy and Star Wars stories.

• Aye, that's media twist. LucasArts have not said "We're never going to go back to Monkey Island". They've said that there are no current plans to do so, since LucasArts have no idea if this special edition is going to be worth the effort. There's no definitive denial of any future Monkey Island remakes.

• I agree with the rest of you. It's really common sense to see if the first sell good enough. So if you really want MI2:SE I recommend you to buy two copies of MI1:)

• Indeed, LA is a company. Frankly, too, it's not a company that particularly emphasises PR.

TTG can be more pally with the community because it's such a relatively small enterprise. But Monkey Island is one of a very lucarative portfolio for LA; which means we all gotta buy SoMI:SE (which is exactly what they want us to do.. so maybe we shouldn't? >=] )

• I'm buying the PC version of SOMI:SE eventually. But if I ever get a 360 I'm also going to buy it from Live Arcade as well.

• I will also buy two copies of MI1 if they release one for the wii (sadly no rumors about it). And if I'm satisfied with the controls in TOMI I'll buy both pc and wii version.

Normally I don't use much money on games, but this is Monkey island. The game that I've always called the best game ever.

• I doubt it'll be coming to the Wii as SOMI:SE has HD graphics and the Wii is incapable of HD output. People would be complaining to them that they aren't getting the full quality of other platforms. Also, since it looks like it'll be digital distribution only and never get a retail release (ruling out a possible Wii disc release), it's doubtful that it would fit the Wiiware file size limit requirements. I don't see a reason why it shouldn't come to PSN, though. But I don't own a PS3 either so I don't know the politics of that. I guess a good conclusion to draw would be that SOMI:SE is made with Direct3D (for the enhanced effects) which the PS3 doesn't support anymore than the Wii does (for obvious reasons).

But yes. If we really want to see adventures rise again we should be willing to support the genre any way we can.

• @MusicallyInspired said: I doubt it'll be coming to the Wii as SOMI:SE has HD graphics and the Wii is incapable of HD output. People would be complaining to them that they aren't getting the full quality of other platforms. Also, since it looks like it'll be digital distribution only and never get a retail release (ruling out a possible Wii disc release), it's doubtful that it would fit the Wiiware file size limit requirements. I don't see a reason why it shouldn't come to PSN, though. But I don't own a PS3 either so I don't know the politics of that. I guess a good conclusion to draw would be that SOMI:SE is made with Direct3D (for the enhanced effects) which the PS3 doesn't support anymore than the Wii does (for obvious reasons).

But yes. If we really want to see adventures rise again we should be willing to support the genre any way we can.

Surely doing it at 480p widescreen on the Wii is a still a lot higher than the original though?

And they MUST be able to get it down to 40mb.. with quite highly compressed audio? There cant be that many graphics in the whole thing.

• 40 megs? That would be impressive. :-)

Add Comment