User Avatar Image

Free Game Coupon code

posted by Wolfstar27 on - last edited - Viewed by 799 users

As many of you guys have pre-ordered TOMI, as you know you get a free game coupn code, now i havent used mine yet, but since its just a code, i was wondering does it have to be used on a game, or can it be used on anything else within the store,cause i was thinking,if there is monkey island merchandise on telltale coming soon, then id rather use it on that

also does it have an expiry date? but if it has to be a game, what would you guys recommend, cause im new to the telltale site, and is it the full game you use with the coupon or just an episode, if so id perfer a hard copy sent out to me

phew so many questions - sorry guys, but just needed to know

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Wolfstar27 said: As many of you guys have pre-ordered TOMI, as you know you get a free game coupn code, now i havent used mine yet, but since its just a code, i was wondering does it have to be used on a game, or can it be used on anything else within the store,cause i was thinking,if there is monkey island merchandise on telltale coming soon, then id rather use it on that

also does it have an expiry date? but if it has to be a game, what would you guys recommend, cause im new to the telltale site, and is it the full game you use with the coupon or just an episode, if so id perfer a hard copy sent out to me

phew so many questions - sorry guys, but just needed to know

As far as I understand it must be used on a single episode of any game of your choice, but it can not be used on a bundle or on any other merchandise.

• I recommend Wallace and Gromit - Fright of the Bumblebees. Sam and Max already has a free episode, so if you want a taster of a full series, Wallace is the way to go. It's pretty easy but it's as good as the movies, and I could recommend it to everyone. Once all my exams are over, I intend to buy the rest of the saga.

• It's hard to recommend using the code on a single episode of Wallace and Gromit when there's no upgrade option for people who've already bought an episode. Though the difference is kind of negligible, I think? My math is giving me different numbers, so I suppose I'm doing something wrong. :P

• There is no upgrade, but it costs $35.95 for the full version (american dollars, not doing my australian conversion of 35 x 1.2) or $36 to buy em individually.

So it's the same. Mostly.

So I recommend it. If you have watched the original movies recently, there's a lot of fanservice.

• ..or perhaps maybe a 'Strong Bad' episode?

• I would like to 2nd the request to be able to use the coupon on merchandise... it would make me a happier customer (and I'm yet to be a happy customer yet as my product isn't downloadable until next month!)

• @Rather Dashing said: It's hard to recommend using the code on a single episode of Wallace and Gromit when there's no upgrade option for people who've already bought an episode.

Do you think that this free episode coupon would count toward the upgrade (for the series that offer it)? Or would it not count as an episode "purchased"?

Anyone tried?

• @JDV72 said: Do you think that this free episode coupon would count toward the upgrade (for the series that offer it)? Or would it not count as an episode "purchased"?

Anyone tried?

I know that when I received a free episode of a series, that it counted toward the reduced price for the season. I have a free episode of SBCG4AP sitting on my account right now, so if I go to the page for the SBCG4AP season, I always see the discounted price.

----------------

It seems your best bet if you want to use it as a discount for a season would be Strong Bad.

I've actually done the math right this time! :D

(Disclaimer: "I've actually done the math right this time! :D" and all associated phrases are not a guarantee of any kind. It is strongly suggested that you double-check Rather Dashing's horrible math. Math not actually done by Rather Dashing, but typed into the default calculator application in Windows Vista Home Premium(tm). Results not typical. Results may very. Side effects include loss of hair, toenails, and/or lungs, flaky skin, nausea, and/or death. The following advice assumes you want to save the most money on a full season of a series. All seasons below are organized by savings for getting the whole season after getting a free episode, from least to most.)

-Sam and Max Season One(right now) is at a special price of $20. Not sure how long it lasts, but it's more attractive than the upgrade price of $26(giving you a savings of negative $6. Not the best option).

-Season Two has a bundle that's a better deal. The coupon can't be used towards bundles and there's no upgrade to a bundle option as far as I know. If you look at the prices, if you want to get Season Two you're going to want to pick up Paperback Special bundle. It's actually less expensive than Season Two by itself, so you're basically getting the book added to Season Two for the price of NEGATIVE FIVE DOLLARS. The Season Two upgrade is $26 as opposed to the upgrade's $29, so some people who either already own the book or really want to save that three bucks by not getting the book could use the coupon for a savings of $3.

-Not sure if they work on Bone. If you get one free and buy the other, that's a savings of $6 on the download bundle.

-Wallace and Gromit has very little difference between the Season price and the price for all games together.

Full Season bundle: $34.95
    All 4 Episodes: $35.80
    3 episodes: $26.85

So even without an upgrade option, you're saving $8.10 if you buy all the episodes individually after redeeming your coupon.

-Strong Bad

Edges into the lead just barely.

Full season: $34.95
    All 5 episodes: $44.95
    4 episodes: $35.80
    Season Upgrade: $26.00

So if you get the Season Upgrade after getting a free episode, you save the full $8.95 price of the episode on the season, edging out the savings of Wallace and Gromit due to its lack of an Upgrade option by $0.85.

• @JDV72 said: Do you think that this free episode coupon would count toward the upgrade (for the series that offer it)? Or would it not count as an episode "purchased"?

Anyone tried?

i used my coupon to buy sam and max episode 101. then, 4 hours later, i bought the entire season as an upgrade and i must say that (except for episodes 102 and 103) it's a great game

• Does the coupon code last forever, or will it expire? SBAG4AP is the only option available to me to use it on, and if I can let my code linger in limbo until Telltale's next project, I might want to do that instead.

Add Comment