User Avatar Image

So, I'm playing MI2 again... [SPOILERS!]

posted by Lead Eater on - last edited - Viewed by 282 users

... I forgot most of it. The thing is, I'm in the dark in LeChucks dungeons, and apparently (thank you walkthroughs) there was a box of matches I didn't pick up, so I guess I'm stuck. I tried downloading some saved game files ('cause I obviously didn't save game as I progressed, why on earth would I? *face palms self*), but they don't show up in the "load" part of the game after I've placed them in the MI2 files folder. (Using ScummVM)... anyone know where to get a saved game around that place in the game WITH the matches? :P Unless there's a way of getting out of there without matches, which I doubt. Too lazy to play what I played over again right now.

Thank you kindly for any help :cool:

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Lead Eater said: ... I forgot most of it. The thing is, I'm in the dark in LeChucks dungeons, and apparently (thank you walkthroughs) there was a box of matches I didn't pick up, so I guess I'm stuck. I tried downloading some saved game files ('cause I obviously didn't save game as I progressed, why on earth would I? *face palms self*), but they don't show up in the "load" part of the game after I've placed them in the MI2 files folder. (Using ScummVM)... anyone know where to get a saved game around that place in the game WITH the matches? :P Unless there's a way of getting out of there without matches, which I doubt. Too lazy to play what I played over again right now.

Thank you kindly for any help :cool:

You dont need a box of matches in those dungeons. You use up the matches before getting in those dungeons.

You just need Stans handkerchief, The one with an S on it and the Juju bag from the voodoo lady. I think you can find all the rest of the stuff you need in the dungeions.

I just completed the game today :) Otherwise I couldnt remember. I have completed it so many times, the only thing I had forgotten was that I had to get an ore from Elaines room. I used a walkthrough for that, and then I could figure out the rest for myself. Now just 2 more games to go :)

• Hmmm, I tried to change the path of saved games so that the game would find the new saved games i just downloaded, but now ALL saved games are gone O_o oh my :P

• I think he's talking about LeChuck's hidden fortress, not the end of the game. You have to look in the JuJu bag and you'll find the bomb and matches. If you ARE at the end of the game then there's a light switch you just have to turn on.

There are no dead ends in MI2.

• I think I know what part you mean. Right after the spit puzzle, right? The box of matches is in the juju bag you have. Just open it.

• Thanks guys... I screwed it up for myself though.. exited the game, (i saved before I exited) but now all saved games are gone... *shrug*

• The save games have to be in the directory pointed to by "Save Game Directory" in the game options in ScummVM.

• @MusicallyInspired said: The save games have to be in the directory pointed to by "Save Game Directory" in the game options in ScummVM.

They are! But still nothing.

Thanks for the help..

I think I'll just watch the rest on youtube or something :eek:

• @thanatos56 said: I think I know what part you mean. Right after the spit puzzle, right? The box of matches is in the juju bag you have. Just open it.

@thanatos56 said: I think he's talking about LeChuck's hidden fortress, not the end of the game. You have to look in the JuJu bag and you'll find the bomb and matches. If you ARE at the end of the game then there's a light switch you just have to turn on.

Ahh... I guess I might have spoiled the ending a bit there then :eek:

I remember first time I played MI2 I wasnt great at english, and it didnt cross my mind to open the manilla envelope. So I went around without my items for some time after the prison part :)

• @MusicallyInspired said:

actually there is one, explained and shown in this video (read the description)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yDeiCQxm2A

Add Comment