Menu
User Avatar Image

Let's remember our history...

posted by DanH on - last edited - Viewed by 439 users

Hello, friends!
So, we've got a lot going on nowadays, but as I was looking for links to put in Old Man H-Bomb's Storytime Blog I stumbled upon a lot of great office and community moments that I thought would be fun to share with you. Those of you who have been here a while might remember these moments well. Those of you who just joined the community are in for a treat.

I'll start this off with some of your contributions. All that's really needed is a little incentive and we get floods of awesome stuff submitted by people like you.

Draw an Ape 2007
Draw an Ape 2008
Trogday 1
Trogday 2
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2008

Then there are moments that are completely spontaneous and yield interesting results.
Sam and Max Episode 203 art explosion
Draw Max
Make Max Creepy
Cintiq in the hizzouse

Finally, we are lucky enough to have fans that have the motivation and general good will to do extraordinary things. We'll never forget that you did this not once, but twice. Thank you again!
Season 1 gift
Season 1 gift planning
Season 2 gift
Season 2 gift planning

If there are any other moments that you remember and would like to share, or if you have any questions about events of the past, inside jokes we have, or other such things, go ahead and post them.

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Don't forget Halloween 2006 - those Australian guys actually blew up a pumpkin. (Legalish note: We will never again give someone a prize for blowing up a pumpkin.)

I have a soft spot for the newsletters circa 2006, when we first switched to tabloid-style format. (It was the first of many decisions Jake and I made that resulted in people raising their eyebrows and giving each other shifty glances across the room.) This is a good one that features Dan striking a classic pose. I especially enjoyed the Cooking with Rat Creature Number Two column that appeared in one of them, since it involved calling my mother up in the middle of the day and asking her to read out her quiche recipe to me over the phone. She was like, "What is this new job of yours, exactly?"

• User Avatar Image
    DanH Telltale Staff

@Emily said:
    This is a good one

I miss those! Plus, young Phil!

• I wasn't around back then, but I started following your company far enough in the past that I remember stumbling accross it in the blog archive.

But I really don't think any mention of your history would be complete without the Blades of Stenchtar.

• Great blog! one of my favorite threads was telltale haikus Even Dan Connors wrote a haiku! :D

• I have a few rare Telltale Games images stored in my profile albums (not in any particular order):
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/album.php?u=82

I was the one that did that silly Blades of Stenchtar DVD case. At the moment, I am using it to house my unofficial Telltale Games Archive DVD. It is still sitting next to my copies of Bone. Oh, and Emily, I couldn't bring myself to throw out the original Bone cases/discs after last year's Comic-Con. Whenever I feel the need to reinstall the games, I only use the Director's Cut discs, though.

Jake may know me best as, "Downtime Email Person." Say, that e-mail isn't still posted on a wall somewhere, is it? I need to be more careful what I write at 12 AM.

• User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni

@mhaley said: Jake may know me best as, "Downtime Email Person." Say, that e-mail isn't still posted on a wall somewhere, is it? I need to be more careful what I write at 12 AM.

You will be sad to hear that its posted on a wall along with the "Santa is not real and is for kids" forum post and our furry Best Anthropomorphic Character award.

• Great overview. I've been lurking on this site for a long time (since the day Sam & Max was announced), but got on the episodic train somewhere during season 2, I think (before that I thought I could wait until the retail editions. God, I was wrong).

What happened to Suitbro? He was awesome!

• User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni

@Tjibbbe said: What happened to Suitbro? He was awesome!

He returned to the land of Craigslist, I guess, as that's where we found him :)

• User Avatar Image
    DanH Telltale Staff

@Tjibbbe said:

What happened to Suitbro? He was awesome!

Speaking of Suitbro, remember this?

• User Avatar Image
    DanH Telltale Staff

@Hero1 said: Great blog! one of my favorite threads was telltale haikus Even Dan Connors wrote a haiku! :D

This really brings me back, and it is an amazing thread that would show up every so often but has spanned more than 4 years!

Add Comment