User Avatar Image

Denny Delk aka the voice of Murray and Lechuck

posted by Important-Looking Pirate on - last edited - Viewed by 210 users

What happened to Denny Delk, did he not want to do it?

16 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • No one knows who all is returning yet. Denny may be back; or he may not be. And Earl Boen was the original voice of Lechuck.

• @Important-Looking Pirate said: What happened to Denny Delk, did he not want to do it?

Earl Boen was the original LeChuck voice actor, and he's semi-retired only doing projects that will not take up much time, The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition was done just n a few days whilst tales is Episodic and isn't fully recorded yet.

• Earl Boen was pretty great as LeChuck... But I do not think that his voice is all that impossible to copy.... It would have been much more heart breaking if someone like Dominic Armato didn't return because I think his voice is a little more distinct... I am sure after a while we will all accept the new Lechuck voice just like we accepted the new voices of Sam & Max... who have each had 3 different voices The Cartoon show / Lucasarts game / and the Telltale Game... Each time it was a little different but each time the voice actor at least got the idea of the character across just fine

• Danny Delk was never the voice of LeChuck. Where are you getting your facts?

• Denny Delk does have a voice in Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition as the shifty map seller, so he's still doing this kind of thing. If Murray happens to appear in the game, chances are it'll be him doing the voice :)

• @Inso said: Denny Delk does have a voice in Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition as the shifty map seller

Knowing this makes me happy.

• I never really felt that Boen's voice was all that "LeChuck-y", personally. It never felt distinct and special.

I'm also feeling that Murray should only show up if it makes sense for him to. He was great in Monkey Island, but his later appearances after his first puzzle felt forced because they were, and I constantly thought he was the integral tool in some puzzle, but he was just window dressing added in because testers liked him.

Basically, I don't want the fact that it's been so long mean that we spend all of Tales recapping the last three games. It was great meeting Murray, I'd like to have a similar experience meeting a new Tales character. If they can bring back old characters as well, great, but I don't want them forced in for the sake of having them.

• Don't know if you knew this but Denny has an official site with vocal samples http://www.ddelk.com/

• earl boen yeah that's the one. awesome lechuck voice! this new sqeaky voice in the trailer... i hope it's only like this when he's in "human form"

• @Rather Dashing said: but he was just window dressing added in because testers liked him.

By "testers" you mean "writers/programmers," I imagine.

Add Comment