User Avatar Image

Monkey Island Movie - Who would YOU cast?

posted by Silverwolfpet on - last edited - Viewed by 5.5K users

Hey guys!

I figured out another fun little thing to do while we wait for the first episode. If there ever will be a Monkey Islandmovie, who would you cast as Guybrush, Elaine, LeChuck, Voodoo Lady, Stan, Murray etc etc. ?
Just write below something like this.
My Cast:
Guybrush - ?
Elaine - ?
LeChuck - ?
Stan - Jim Carrey
Voodoo Lady - Whoopee Goldberg
Murray - Christopher Lloyd :p
and continue the list

129 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Albo Abourt said: For Guybrush's character I propose B.J. Novak (Ryan in "The Office" sit-com)
    ryan-howard.jpg

He's kind of a douche nowadays. Ryan, I mean, not BJ Novak.

• Guybrush-Owen Wilson guybrushii.png
    LeChuck/Fester Shinetop-The Rock lechuckzombie.png
    Wally-Seth Green wallya.png
    Voodo Lady-Whoopi Goldberg
    Carla The Swordmaster-Halle Berry
    Stan-Jim Carrey
    Largo Lagrande-Ben Stiller
    Meathook-Vin Diesel
    Herman Toothrot-Ian McKellen

• Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, and Zach Galifianakis (The Hangover guys) as the Men of Low Moral Fiber!!!

• Personally, I think it would be best to just make an animated movie. I mean, we're all so attached to the voices. I dunno. I'm not a huge fan of plopping celebs into a movie just because they're celebs. Just look at the original Star Wars. Small names at the time-- huge movie.

I dunno.

@mlrockrules said: Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, and Zach Galifianakis (The Hangover guys) as the Men of Low Moral Fiber!!!

I think this is a great idea, and while we're at it, let's make Patton Oswalt one of LeChuck's ghost pirate minions.

It is 3:25 AM.

• A Monkey Island movie would have to be animated, with Dominic as Guybrush, Earl Boen as LeChuck, etc. It just wouldn't work if it wasn't this way. I know I wouldn't watch it.

• @Neelo said: A Monkey Island movie would have to be animated, with Dominic as Guybrush, Earl Boen as LeChuck, etc. It just wouldn't work if it wasn't this way. I know I wouldn't watch it.

I was just about to say the same thing :(

Yeah, I'd TOTALLY watch a cartoon Monkey Island movie.

But it's just not going to happen. They don't make cartoons anymore. Just... computer graphics :(

• Guybrush1= macauly culkin
    Guybrush2= owen wilson
    Carla= jada pinkett smith
    Voodoo lady= queen latifah
    Meathook= vin diesel
    Van Helgen=johnny depp
    Bill= martin klebba
    Troll= george lucas
    Griswold= michael cane
    Ozzie Mandrill= geoffrey rush
    Melée storekeeper= david kelly

• Taylor Lautner as Stan. He's got the hair, the squinty eyes and the cheesy grin already.

• Guybrush is pretty young unless you're going off his later years such as EMI and TOMI...

These people you guys said are too old.

• @doodo! said: Guybrush is pretty young unless you're going off his later years such as EMI and TOMI...

These people you guys said are too old.

Err, EMI only takes place like a couple months after CMI. Though in the Tales games, he looks like he's in his 30s. (Which I think he is...)

As for thread topic, my vote's with "animated". Not so much for the voices, but because I think of Monkey Island as something that *needs* to be animated to be done properly. IMO, the cartoony nature of the series is one of the things that truely distinguishes it away from Pirates of the Caribbean.

Add Comment