Menu
User Avatar Image

Activate Steam Purchase On Telltale

posted by millyd03 on - last edited - Viewed by 476 users

I purchased Sam and Max Season 1 on Steam and was wondering if I can activate on the Telltale Games website so I can add it to my account there.

9 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Nope, the games aren't interchangeable between Steam and Telltale's website.

• Why aren't games interchangeable between Steam and Telltale's website?

If I already bought the game, I should freely be able to use the game with Steam, standalone or other solution... Thats my opinion.

Same goes with if Linux and OSX versions are released and I bought the Windows version, I should be able to use Linux and OSX versions too.

Just tried to activate Bone ep1 and ep2 on Steam after buying it on Telltale's website, did not work.

• Because they're not. The system Telltale uses is complete separate is completely separate from Steam's system. It would be like buying a game on XBLA, and then asking why you can't play it on Steam.

• Don't agree on the comparison of XBLA and Steam.
    XBLA is a console and Steam is PC (windows) (possible OSX/MAC and Linux in the future, MAC/OSX/Linux=PC), but then again I also would like to be able to play a game I bought on XBLA on my PC...

Just hope OnLive will be a success, then these problems will be gone.
    http://www.onlive.com

• Although asking to activate it on different systems is preposterous - it's an exception for two or three games across any system ever (ie, ut3 retail on steam), and not a rule.

However, I do find it odd that Telltale does actually know what steam games you have - I received my $20 code for strong bad from owning the steam version of Sam & Max - but can't give you credit for in other ways (such as being eligible for the season disc)

• We only know if you bought something from Steam if you opt in to Telltale mailings when you buy a Telltale game from Steam. Steam shares that information with us. But we can't just look up any Steam order to verify what you bought; we don't have that kind of access to their order system.

• So there is not possible for a mac-gamer like me to go the easy way and let Steam activate the games I bought from Telltale? I have to make that crappy html activation window to work?

• Could you just let Steam and your shop recognise the game keys from the same pool of keys? Then you could at least take from the Telltale store to Steam.

• @Nakid said: Could you just let Steam and your shop recognise the game keys from the same pool of keys? Then you could at least take from the Telltale store to Steam.

Others seem to have done exactly this, since games can sometimes be sold out on Steam because they run out of activation keys and need to get more from the publisher. In this case, however, it seems Telltale did not opt for that solution.

Add Comment