152 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Great! It will be available on my birthday!!
    It can be a nice gift for myself!

• Cool! Umm, I'm new to this whole "digital-thing". Once your money is taken away from your bank account (bye-bye little moneeeey), you can start downloading? Can you download it on another computer? How does this work?

• User Avatar Image
    Tea

@Silverwolfpet said: Cool! Umm, I'm new to this whole "digital-thing". Once your money is taken away from your bank account (bye-bye little moneeeey), you can start downloading? Can you download it on another computer? How does this work?

It all depends on the site. Telltale does a simple pay+download+activate (which you should already know) Steam does this stupid thing when you need to run Steam and GOG is DRM-free so you can install the game as much as you like.

All 3 of the aforementioned services are instant after paying. And Steam is stupid. We all hate Steam.

• Can't see a GOG release. Probably Steam.

It'll be OK though.

• Hmm, I'd be cautious of what you see on game sites like that without reading a news story or press release. They tend to just slap on estimated dates that aren't official. Just a warning incase hopes are raised only to be let down... I do hope it is July 15th though.

• hopefully it will just be downloadable directly off the lucasarts website - i really cant be bothered with steam

• @Guybrush Threepwood said: Hmm, I'd be cautious of what you see on game sites like that without reading a news story or press release. They tend to just slap on estimated dates that aren't official. Just a warning incase hopes are raised only to be let down... I do hope it is July 15th though.

Yeah, i saw another release date on GameSpy, and it said September 30.

• Hmm, I'd be cautious of what you see on game sites like that without reading a news story or press release. They tend to just slap on estimated dates that aren't official.

Which is exactly why I included a "?" in the thread title. Waiting for an official confirmation...

• @Silverwolfpet said: Cool! Umm, I'm new to this whole "digital-thing". Once your money is taken away from your bank account (bye-bye little moneeeey), you can start downloading? Can you download it on another computer? How does this work?

so far with a majority of pc digital licenses expect to get only 3 PC installs for your game. Take a look at the game Spore you can only install that game on 3 PCs in its entire life without buying another copy. All retailers are different. Steam lets you install it on 100 pc's but only one can use the game at a time, and you must be logged in online to play. Then there is Windows Live...
    oh whats GOG ?

Add Comment