15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • lol

Some guys in America did a really bad attempt at a play of Monkey Island.

Seriously, it looked like they were improvising... badly.

• @Gryffalio said: lol

Some guys in America did a really bad attempt at a play of Monkey Island.

Seriously, it looked like they were improvising... badly.

It wasn't that bad......

• Forget Monkey Island light opera...

What we need is a Monkey Island ROCK OPERA!!!!

• So, when I went to watch the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, I WASN'T watching a Monkey Island movie?

• @Gibbeynator said: So, when I went to watch the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, I WASN'T watching a Monkey Island movie?

I didn't see Guybrush, Elaine Marley, the Voodoo Lady, Lechuck, Monkey Island, Melee Island, swirly clouds, Murray, Largo LeGrande, Wally, or Herman Toothrot.

I just saw Will Turner, Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swann, Governor Swann, Davy Jones, Captain Barbossa, Ilse De Muerta, The Flying Dutchman, Commodore Norrington, and Tia Dalma.

That's ALL I saw. Similar maybe, but it wasn't Monkey Island.

People who say otherwise are angry because POTC was popular for the things MI could have been popular for, and because it wasn't what could've been Monkey Island. But they need to suck it up. Monkey Island is good enough for me in video game format.

• @Secret Fawful said: That's ALL I saw. Similar maybe, but it wasn't Monkey Island.

People who say otherwise are angry because POTC was popular for the things MI could have been popular for, and because it wasn't what could've been Monkey Island. But they need to suck it up. Monkey Island is good enough for me in video game format.

Actually, POTC effectively ripped half of the story of the cut Monkey Island animated-movie, it even had some of the same team working on it.

I, for one, am glad they didn't do a Monkey Island movie. Only animated would have worked, and it risked completely ruining the charm of the franchise for me.

• User Avatar Image
    Tea

@Mysterysheep said: It wasn't that bad......

Agreed. It was just a bit too.... Monkey Islandish. Too much like the game in it's structure.

• @tredlow said: Forget Monkey Island light opera...

What we need is a Monkey Island ROCK OPERA!!!!

No, no, no... Forget Rock Opera.

The way to go for monkey island is the world's first (to my knowledge) REGGAE OPERA!! (Actually that's something I'd quite like to see).

• @Marduk said: No, no, no... Forget Rock Opera.

The way to go for monkey island is the world's first (to my knowledge) REGGAE OPERA!! (Actually that's something I'd quite like to see).

Reggae artists would be too stoned to remember their lines :)

Add Comment