Menu
User Avatar Image

Germans love ToMi!!!

posted by realchris on - last edited - Viewed by 608 users

i love it

61 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @realchris said: Not all Germans are stupid.

I'd even go so far as to say most Germans are not stupid. :)

• [quote=realchris]Please make a german version!!! Not all Germans are stupid. [/quote]

Well, English is not my language, but personaly I can't imagine Monkey Island translated to polish (which is my national language). All those games are so full of English-only jokes, that traslating it is near to a crime...
    (and for Germans not beeing stupid - let's just mention Zak McKraken 2 made by German fans - it's a creation of a genius, can't wait for English version)

• There are many german Guys who love Tales of Monkey Island
    and all the other Telltale Stuff... so let`s go and find a Pubslisher :cool:

• Ehm... Hier? Hier! Ich! ICH!

I don't know why but I just have to spell out the names of the best adventures (in my opinion) that came from german developers in the last couple of years:

Jack Keane (Deck 13)
    Ankh (with all of the Sequels, also Deck 13)
    Book of unwritten Tales (King Art)
    Zack McKracken 2 - Between Time and Space (Independent Game - it's free!)
    Broken Sword 2.5 (Independant Game - also for free!)

...and there are plenty more good ones I haven't played yet. So if you thought the adventure genre was pretty dead until ToMI and MI:SE showed up, you've just been on the wrong side of the atlantic ;)

• Ok,
    so I am German. So some things here:

What does it matter where some people come from? There are idiots everywhere in the world who don't know a great game when they play it, even less hear about it.

I thought that Zak 2 wasn't a great game at all. Ok, for a fan game the story was decent, but it was very slow-paced, and the jokes were not funny at all as far as I can remember.

And: Why do a German translation of Monkey Island? As someone already said, some jokes/dialogues just cannot be translated without losing something along the way. So let all the world play the game in English. Everybody learns English at school nowadays, so what is the problem?
    (Of course, I think my opinion is slightly biased as I am an English teacher..., and I would LOVE it if people here read more English novels, watch more films on DVD in English, and played more English computer games...I tell my pupils all the time: When you play PSP at home or WII, set the language to English at least, in order to have a learning experience.
    Isn't that great? Having fun playing games AND being able to tell your parents it's to learn English? :) )

Kord

• [quote=[Hunter.Wolf]]...and there are plenty more good ones I haven't played yet. So if you thought the adventure genre was pretty dead until ToMI and MI:SE showed up, you've just been on the wrong side of the atlantic[/quote]

No mention that German developers support many foreign projects (such as A Vampyre Story). I'm really jaelous about German adventure fans community...

[quote=[Hunter.Wolf]]Broken Sword 2.5 (Independant Game - also for free!)[/quote]

Does it happen to have an English version?

[quote=Kord](Of course, I think my opinion is slightly biased as I am an English teacher..., and I would LOVE it if people here read more English novels, watch more films on DVD in English, and played more English computer games...I tell my pupils all the time: When you play PSP at home or WII, set the language to English at least, in order to have a learning experience.[/quote]

That's the way I've learned most of my English. My best teachers were Guybrush, Indy, Many Calavera and some more fellas you probably know : )

• @Haggis said: I'd even go so far as to say most Germans are not stupid. :)

Yes! Most of them play ego-shooter and other stuff than adventure games. :rolleyes: :D

@Novotnus
    Yes. The fez joke from Atlantis is big crap in the German version!

@Kord
    Zak 2 is bad?
    There are people everywhere in the world who don't know a great game when they play it, even less hear about it.
    Yes you don´t know. :D I think it´s good! And that for a fanmade game.

Eer changed your quote a bit. :)

• @[Hunter.Wolf said: ;145207']
    Jack Keane (Deck 13)
    Ankh (with all of the Sequels, also Deck 13)
    Book of unwritten Tales (King Art)
    Zack McKracken 2 - Between Time and Space (Independent Game - it's free!)
    Broken Sword 2.5 (Independant Game - also for free!)

The Moment of Silence
    Secret Files: Tunguska
    Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis
    So Blonde

Damn, there are so many :eek:

Add Comment